Menu
Beauty or high morals?
Nov 2, 2009 14:21
  • BOBERT
I understand your explanation Christine but I'm not sure that HERBEAT will.

The username "HERBEAT" has no obvious meaning or derivation. Perhaps it does to the user herself, but not to you or me. Perhaps the user is a vegetarian, "HERB EAT", but I seriously doubt that. Maybe the user is a policewoman, hence "HER BEAT" but that's highly improbable as well.

The username you suggested "BEATHER" does have an obvious source.
Nov 2, 2009 20:51
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Wow, you explained HERBEAT very clearly. Anyway, none of us understands why Yolanda chose HERBEAT as her username.
Nov 2, 2009 21:17
  • BOBERT
We all await in excited anticipation of HERBEATs explanation.
Nov 2, 2009 23:10
  • HERBEAT
Well... I think the discussion is very interesting without me. I've never noticed that there are so many funny explanations to HERBEAT. I would prefer it to be "HERB EAT" since it sounds so healthy but unfortunately, I can eat more than 1 kg of mutton without any difficulty... A policewoman sounds very cool but I am told even my voice is too gentle.
I guess Bob is right. There's no obvious meaning. I would like to give it a meaning and I even went throught the dictionary just now to try and find one. But failed. In fact, when I tried to apply for an account, I was told my name Yolanda was not available and I was forced to use another one. So HERBEAT was made. Does this explain clear to you? I guess the simple explanation might make you feel disappointed since you await in excitied anticipation. If so, I'm sorry. But my imagination is not that good^-^
Nov 3, 2009 00:33
  • BOBERT
How dissapointing HERBEAT. Not that your username is a bit bland, but that "I can eat more than 1 kg of mutton without any difficulty". The sheep who live in China must be terrified of you.
Last edited by BOBERT: Nov 3, 2009 00:54
Nov 3, 2009 03:46
  • HERBEAT
Hehe, I'm a fun of hot-pot:-) But I wish I could become a vegetarian like you, to save the sheep and other animals^-^
Nov 3, 2009 04:23
  • DODGER
I have just posted on another thread and wrongly called Herbeat, Heartbeat.
Sorry Herbeat.
Dodger.
Nov 3, 2009 21:57
  • HERBEAT
Hehe, it's ok Dodger^-^ A name is just a name^-^
Nov 4, 2009 03:51
  • DODGER
Herbeat, were I come form names are very important.
If you want to upset somebody just keep getting their name wrong, and then just stand back and light the fuse.
Dodger.
Nov 4, 2009 04:06
  • BOBERT
"A Rose by any other name would smell as sweet." I dare any westener to try to explain that Shakespearean cliche !
Page 9 of 11    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Beauty or high morals?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code