Menu
how do you sovle if you meet such customer?
Oct 31, 2009 06:36
  • ORAYDA
I have an old customer.When he come to Yiwu,he doesn't make orders immediately, he look around the market and after one or two month,he will send me orders,every time he will stay more than 1week.

He is a very small customer.Every time he book one container such as 40GP but most time he only bought 35CBM,sometimes more than 20CBM space.One year he will come two times.I don't mind he is big or small customer,but from now on ,he has two times coming to Yiwu and not make any orders.

How should I do?Can anybody give me advice?

Oct 31, 2009 09:19
  • WANHU
A customer is a customer. He has every right to order or not to order. Being an "old" supplier you should understand his marketing behaviour. Though not being a business person, I still think you should look at the 5Cs, customer/client, competition, competitiveness, contact and capital.
Wan
Nov 1, 2009 00:18
  • ORAYDA
I am not a supplier but like a trade assistant.Everytime I own only 2000RMB to 4000RMB.Time is money for us.not take only one day two day but need take 7-10days,aslo has some cost,it means that if he don't make order,I lose money.
Nov 1, 2009 02:01
  • HERBEAT
Hey orayda, I don't think there's any money losing if you are an assistant. The customer is always the most important person if you offer service. But I don't think it's a good thing if you just concern money when you do the work.
Nov 1, 2009 05:09
  • ORAYDA
Time is money for us.If I do other things ,That I can own money.
Herbeat i don't think if you work,and your boss doesn't pay you,you will be happy.If I do other work I can own money,nodody can alive if he stay in a city without money.You must know if you stay in a city,you should pay rent and eating,everything should need money.
I am not the person who if don't have money,they can ask from other parents.Everything that should do myself.
I am doing other business, I know my customer very long time,he is a very kind person.But from now on,he doesn't have made any orders ,but he always asked me to a lot of work for him.He has disturbed my other work.I saw him as a friend,but he only thought I do things free for him.

For example,he asked me to look factories for him,I have asked all the details and communicate with the factory,at the end, he diappeared.After a time I found he communicate with the factory by himself and make orders.not one time,it has happened several times.How will you think?
Nov 1, 2009 21:40
  • HERBEAT
Hey Orayda, take it easy. If you consider him as a friend, why would you think too much about the money from him? He's a friend. If not, I think I should say we always do something without money and it's ok. As you said, if you think you are losing money and don't consider him as a friend, why don't you just give up and concentrate on your other business? Or you could get some comission if he do the so-called "orders"?
Nov 8, 2009 01:50
  • LIZXLI
Customers for every company could be classified into different levels,very important ,important ,common ones...I think most professional staff should be able to treat them in different ways.
Nov 8, 2009 03:42
  • WANHU
Orayda, sometimes a friend changes either for the better or the worse. What irks most is a person you consider as a friend takes advantage or opportunity of your kindness. I agree with Lizxli, try to categorise your clients in a way that will not steal your precious time. I understand that checking a certain product from a factory(ies) is quite taxing. (A friend of mine in GZ once told me if he got an inquiry of one product, he needed to check with 5 factories).

Hope for the best.

Wan
Nov 8, 2009 19:18
  • MARRIE
Yiwu is lower-end wholser market. I think the whoslers should have been mergered as a whole attaining a certain of economic scale. It will increase pricing power. Presumebly, your business is export oriented with enough captical funded, to offer competitive credit terms to those exporters is one of the keys.
Nov 9, 2009 04:22
  • DODGER
I think Orayda has been ripped off and his friendship has been taken advantage of.
The customer was never a friend in the real sense of the word, just a friendly customer. Never for get it. When you are of no further use you will be discarded.
And the next time someone asks you to do some groundwork for them don’t just hand over the information with no strings attached, suggest that you have all of the information that they need and when would they like to book your time to accompany him around the factories.
You also need a clear understanding from the factories that they will not try to backdoor you, or you will simply not recommend them to your customers again.
Dodger.
Nov 9, 2009 04:53
  • HERBEAT
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

The customer was never a friend in the real sense of the word, just a friendly customer. Never for get it. When you are of no further use you will be discarded.
Dodger.

Hey Dodger, I don't agree with you at all. I think a customer could become a friend. And I always like to help even if he's just a stranger. Is the only thing in life personal benefit or interests???
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: how do you sovle if you meet such customer?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code