Menu
How to start friendship with the foreigners?
Nov 1, 2009 23:25
  • QIDIQQ
Sometimes i just feel so uncertain and confused when it comes to the friendship with foreigners------I used to and even now still have many, since i majored in English, so naturally, i prefer to browse the english website and read English magazine and also watch CCTV 9............No special reasons, just want to know the language and culture and also cultural shocks..........

But, how to establish and maintain the friendship?

so it depends? I found myself not so confident about this........In spite of the gender, age and nationalities, how? Will there be any general rules?

I am all ears.

Nov 1, 2009 23:30
  • QIDIQQ
SO WHO WILL BE THE FIRSR ONE TO GIVE ME ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Nov 2, 2009 00:48
  • DAVEC
Maintaining the friendship is easy, keep in touch

I have around 100 Chinese 'friends' on my msn, every few months I delete some because they have never been online or contacted me. I will speak to them for several months then they seem to disappear off the planet.
Just an email or message every now and again is enough. Maybe they just know too many people.

better to be friends with a few than a memory to many
Nov 2, 2009 05:14
  • GAFFER
I you have Skype you can show yourself as online or "SkypeMe" which is an invitation for people to contact you. However, women must expect to get some rather unsavoury (unpleasant) characters contacting them wanting more than a chat. It is also possible to search for male or female, age group, language, country, and check profiles for people to contact. On your own profile you can specify what topic you do or do not wish to chat about and if you have mic or cam.
Nov 2, 2009 21:04
  • QIDIQQ
Thanks, Davec. I will bear it in my mind and put it into practice-------"Maintaining the friendship is easy, keep in touch.""Just an email or message every now and again is enough."

"better to be friends with a few than a memory to many."yes, but it is the time for me to find out whom belongs to "a few:........not greedy, hehe.
Nov 7, 2009 06:25
  • WANHU
I think skype is good and the voice is clearer than msn (my own experience), but like you said some people behave not to our expectations, with unbecoming conduct. Well, you can always filter these messages, either by ignoring or blocking them.
Wan
Mar 31, 2010 03:25
  • QIDIQQ
now i try to start my skype again, but be more careful ...How r u ?
Mar 31, 2010 21:10
GUESTVICKY I have the same problem with you. Here I want to share with you my experience with foreigners.
I had been an English teacher in a school during last summer holiday. There is a black man from Ghana who teaches oral English. We share the teaching for a long time, so I contact with him more than other teachers. I tried my best to talk with him, but I don’t know why he was unapproachable. Maybe he is not the one that what I think a foreigner should to be---talkative and easygoing. Anyway, I lost the “friend”. It is much difficult to make friends with foreigners like him.
It works when you meet ones who are “the rights”.
Mar 31, 2010 23:13
  • YES_NONO
U "had been an English teacher "? " a dark man from Ghana"? U r a crazy man! Maybe "dark man" is the reason why u felt he was unapproachable.
Apr 2, 2010 02:32
  • QIDIQQ
U have reasons to some extent, however, i still think maybe there was some misunderstanding between u 2, or at least, he felt sth strange.

Be carefu ur wors, really.
Apr 2, 2010 02:33
  • QIDIQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by YES_NONO

U "had been an English teacher "? " a dark man from Ghana"? U r a crazy man! Maybe "dark man" is the reason why u felt he was unapproachable.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to start friendship with the foreigners?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code