Menu
Prostitutes also have personal dignity!!!
Nov 9, 2009 21:45
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT View Post

LONELYJOE thinks you are traditional Chinese woman HERBEAT and as such, he is interested in your opinion of prostitutes. Do you think they are criminals? Do you think they serve a valid purpose? Do you believe they are a necessary evil? Or do you think they make a valuable contribution to society and should therefore be treated with understanding a...

Bobert, thank you for clarifying my questions. To be more precise, can you bear men find prostitutes outside after getting married? Is it a betrayal or unfaithfulness to their marriage?
Nov 9, 2009 22:38
  • COOLSPRINGS
The quiestion presented is sharp. As far as i know from my friends living in US, in US, more than 70% of Chinese couple divorce and the majority of divorced Chinese women marry Americans for legalizing residence status. What is the difference between those women and prostitutes?
Nov 10, 2009 00:54
  • BOBERT
You raise a valid point COOLSPRINGS. Could it even be said that all women who trade sexual favors for a better lifestyle supplied by their husbands are in fact prostituting themselves?

LONELYJOE; there are many reasons why men seek out prostitutes. Yes of course it is a betrayal of the marriage. However if it satisfies a need not being fullfilled within the marriage, and consequently keeps that marriage intact, then where is the harm?

When I was 16 I confess I used the services of a prostitute out of intrigue and bravado. It was an eye opening experience that I have never wished to repeat. It was humiliating and degrading for both parties. It was cold, mechanical and totally devoid of feeling. It was just like two animals. I have nothing but sympathy for the men forced to use this service or the women compelled to provide it.
Nov 10, 2009 09:21
  • HERBEAT
Do I think they are criminal? I've no idea whether it's connected with law or morally wrong. But the law is made by human being. They are obviously criminal if we read the Chinese law word by word. But are they morally wrong? They offer the service and are payed voluntary. You know what? I think the social morality is self-contradictory. Why? It tells people to respect others and says human beings are equally living on the world. But at the same time, Chinese morality tells us not do anything armful to others. Maybe they would be morally wrong if someone think the prostitute affects the happiness of the family. But to me, it makes no difference.

I'm sure there will be a reason for them to choose this occupation. But I don't get the right to judge whether it's valid or not. I won't say it's ashame but maybe I'll say poor girl...
I always say everyone gets his own right to choose the lifestyle they like. And we should be elegant and respect anyone... I'm saying so but I don't think I respect that policeman^-^

What's more, I'm sure I'll be hurt if I had a boyfriend who is interested in prostitute. But if I have a husband and if I can't satisfied him, I guess I would allow him to go and do something. But I don't think I will. But anyway, how many people will tell if they do something with others?

By the way, I'm nowi n a hotel in Beijing and I found that even the prostitute gets something called business card...
Last edited by HERBEAT: Nov 10, 2009 09:23
Nov 10, 2009 21:02
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT View Post

What's more, I'm sure I'll be hurt if I had a boyfriend who is interested in prostitute. But if I have a husband and if I can't satisfied him, I guess I would allow him to go and do something. But I don't think I will. But anyway, how many people will tell if they do something with others?

By the way, I'm nowi n a hotel in Beijing an...

Well, I am very surprised at your answer, Herbeat. If you think that he hurts you, you must think that it is wrong for him to find whores and he betrays you. Am I right?

However, you said that you probably allow your husband to do something outside if he doesn't feel satisfied. I find something contradictory....

How many people will tell if they do something with others?

A couple should be honest to each other. He has the courage to find a whore outside, why was he too timid to make confession?

By the way, I'm nowi n a hotel in Beijing and I found that even the prostitute gets something called business card....

Well, the prostitutes in the hotels are different from those street girls. I hate to say it, but it is true that many top hotels do have prostitutes. Yang Guang Guo Hui was a typical example.
Nov 10, 2009 22:23
  • MARRIE
My question for Bobert is besides the ''needs'' u mentioned, what are the other reasons that u get married? It's much better that u can explain me what caused sex liberation in 1960s in the west and how it's gone after.
Nov 10, 2009 22:44
  • BOBERT
Sex is never a valid reason to get married MARRIE. Sex is just the iceing on the cake. The sexual liberation of the 60's was brought about by the advent of the contraceptive pill.

If I need to explain the valid reasons why people marry, then it's probably beyond your comprehension.

I agree with you LONELYJOE, HERBEATS answer seems very contradictory.
Nov 11, 2009 17:02
  • MARRIE
<<If I need to explain the valid reasons why people marry, then it's probably beyond your comprehension. >>

I am wiling to learn, Bobert.
Nov 11, 2009 18:32
  • BOBERT
Some valid reasons people marry are for friendship, companionship, because they believe thay have found their soul mate, because they have many interests in common, because they want to have children, because they love each other, and many other reasons. Sex and money are not valid reasons to marry in my opinion.
Nov 11, 2009 20:41
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

Some valid reasons people marry are for friendship, companionship, because they believe thay have found their soul mate, because they have many interests in common, because they want to have children, because they love each other, and many other reasons. Sex and money are not valid reasons to marry in my opinion.

Well, your words reminds me of "platonic love". Several years ago, I watched a TV series. The boy loves the girl very much and they wanted to get married. However, the girl's parents didn't agree because their daughter suffers from Congenital Cardiac Disease. To persuade the girl's parents, the boy and the boy said that their love was pure Platonic love. Finally, the girl's parents agreed.

However, their life was not as good as they imagined. The boy quarreled with the girl very often after marriage. One day, the boy told the girl that he was in love with somone else and wanted to divorce her. It was the girl's little sister whom the boy loved. After hearing the boy's words, the girl was very sad. At last, she promised him to divorce.

Well, a tragedy happened before their divorce. The girl's sister got into a serious traffic incident and finally died. The girl's sister last will was that she hoped her heart could be transplanted to her sister. Her last will was realized. The girl gained her sister's heart and became healthy.

One day, the girl met the boy in the street. The boy regretted very much and hoped that the girl could forgive him so that they could start a new life. However, the girl said nothing but turned around and left.

The TV series just wants to show us: Platonic love is sweet but it can't last forever.

Maybe, it can last forever but I never see such love in my life.
Page 6 of 8    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Prostitutes also have personal dignity!!!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code