Menu
Why are so many Chinese people addicted to “Happy Farm”?
Nov 12, 2009 03:54
  • KEVIN0518
Happy Farm is an online game, which is very popular among white-collar workers in China. This virtual game offers you a piece of empty land and some seeds at first. You play the role of a real farmer. You hoe and plant fruits, vegetables and grains in the fields. Also you have to water, fertilize your crops. If necessary, you need to kill the pesticides and weeds. By the way, you can raise pigs, chickens and cows etc. If your land is small, you can spend some money to expand it. After harvesting your crops, you could sell them and earn some money to buy seeds, pigs, chickens etc. Well, you must be careful with your crops when they are ripe because some other farmers will steal your fruits, vegetables, milk, eggs etc. Of course, you can steal theirs.

Many Chinese social networking websites, such as kaixin001, xiaonei and QQ, have offered this game to its users. If you use Facebook, you will notice that Facebook also has Happy Farm. So far, it is said that about 16 million Chinese people are playing this game.

Some people have been addicted to Happy Farm. They even get up in the middle night to harvest their crops and steal others. How crazy they were!

Well, Happy Farm does bring happiness to people but it does bring much pain. According to a newspaper, a baby died in a hospital just because the doctor didn’t give timely treatment. You know what the doctor was doing? He was playing Happy Farm. However, the hospital clarified that the doctor didn’t play Happy Farm at that moment. “He was writing an essay.” Dean of the hospital said. Currently, an investigation is being conducted. The truth will be discovered very soon.

And a young lady was driven out of the house by her husband. She usually got up in the middle night to harvest her crops and her husband couldn’t sleep well. Later, she promised to her husband that she wouldn’t play Happy Farm again and her husband forgave her and let her get back home.

It seems that Happy Farm is really a fascinating game. Otherwise, it wouldn’t have so many fans.

Nov 12, 2009 20:12
  • JIMMYB
Well, I have to admit that I also play Happy Farm but I am not as crazy as the doctor and the girl. I've registered in Xiaonei, QQ and Kaixin.com. At first, I stole other people's crops too. But I found out that it was boring. Currently, I just harvest my crops every two or three days and never steal other people's crops.

If the doctor did play Happy Farm, he should be sacked and stay in the jail. Doctors today become colder and colder. They care about money more than the patients' lives.
Nov 12, 2009 21:32
Jimmyb, he didn't play Happy Farm but he played QQ game. The doctor was sacked and his license was revoked too. The president of the hospital and some other doctors were punished too. Personally, I think that the parents should sue the doctor and require justice from the court. In Italy, a baby died of diarrhea and five doctors were arrested.

Obviously, the hospital just tried to hide the truth. At the beginning, they said that the doctor didn't play game but wrote his essay. In my opinion, the president shoul be sacked and the hospital should be closed too.
Nov 15, 2009 22:20
  • JIMMYB
Thanks for the info, LONELYJOURNEY. I checked the latest news. After this incident, the nurses and the doctors in that hospital become very kind and "warm-hearted". They come to the patients' rooms frequently. Why do they change after a tragedy happened? It is their responsibility to take good care of the patients but actually they didn't make it until the tragedy happened. You might not know that the baby's mom knelt down at least three times to ask the nurse and the doctor to see her baby. How cold-hearted they were! Finally, the hospital gave 510,000 yuan to the parents as compensation but the parents lost their baby forever.
Nov 17, 2009 20:44
  • BBQQ
I have to admit that I play Happy Farm too but I am not addicted to it. Just play it for fun.
Nov 18, 2009 00:37
  • HERBEAT
I think it's very very very very very ........ Boooooooooooring...
Nov 18, 2009 20:44
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT

I think it's very very very very very ........ Boooooooooooring...

Well, I have to say that you are very unique, Herbeat. Many of my female friends like playing happy farm. Maybe, they want to experience a farmer
s life since they were all born in cities.
Nov 18, 2009 22:19
  • HERBEAT
But that game is just something to do with the mouse and screen...
Nov 22, 2009 02:30
  • LIZXLI
I have not yet any experience in playing Happy Farm.Maybe will have a try sometime.
Nov 25, 2009 21:22
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by HERBEAT

But that game is just something to do with the mouse and screen...

Herbeat, you are totally right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIZXLI

I have not yet any experience in playing Happy Farm.Maybe will have a try sometime.

LIZXLI, you'd better not play Happy Farm if you are lack of self-control. I just read some horrible things. A professor in a college becomes terrifying after he plays Happy Farm. Every night he set the alarm to wake him up to steal other people's vegetables, fruits etc. He even talked about Happy Farm thing in his sleep. Since he was addicted to Happy Farm game, he has neither taught his son to do homework nor shared the housework with his wife. His wife was totally disappointed. She almost fired their house while quarreling with her husband.

A happy family was destroyed by Happy Farm game.
Nov 26, 2009 00:08
  • LIZXLI
Wow,JIMMYB,Not everybody plays it in their way,I think.Some just play it for fun like BBQQ.Well,as for Happy Farm,I didn't play it before because I had no time to spend on this kind of game.Once for a while,it seems a way of relaxation after long time working.If my friends around play Happy Farm,I guess it will be easier for me to learn how to play it due to my lack of knowledge on this point.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why are so many Chinese people addicted to “Happy Farm”?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code