Menu
Marry a rich guy!
Nov 27, 2009 13:50
  • BOBERT
SHESGOTTOBE;You say you have not me someone who is not dazzled by money. Well now you have. Me! All I require is enough. I have no interest in having excess to my needs and my needs are very frugal.

To be dazzled by money is one thing. To marry for money, that is to sell yourself for money, is another thing entirely.In my opinion women who marry for money are no better, and no worse, than prostitutes.
Nov 30, 2009 12:26
  • SHESGOTTOBE
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT View Post

SHESGOTTOBE;You say you have not me someone who is not dazzled by money. Well now you have. Me! All I require is enough. I have no interest in having excess to my needs and my needs are very frugal.

To be dazzled by money is one thing. To marry for money, that is to sell yourself for money, is another thing entirely.In my opinion women who...

I do not know you so I cannot verify your claim. For the sake of not arguing, we'll just accept your claim.

In my opinion, we are all selling something for money. Some sell their bodies, some sell their skills, some sell material goods. Some sell pleasure. We'd even sell our own happiness just to please and impress others. In that regard, we are all 'whores'.
Nov 30, 2009 13:34
  • BOBERT
You make a good point SHESGOTTOBE. Yes, we are all selling something for money. However only those who sell their bodies for sex are whores. The others are workers. Even those who sell their bodies for sex can still be workers if it's done honestly.

I have no problem with prostitutes selling their bodies for money. In my opinion its an honerable and necessary profession. I do have a problem with women lying by professing love for a man, when all they really love is his money. They are the true "whores"
Nov 30, 2009 21:13
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

I do have a problem with women lying by professing love for a man, when all they really love is his money. They are the true "whores"

These girls have clear purposes. Love is useless to them. Money is what they are seeking.
Nov 30, 2009 22:09
  • MARRIE
The "monetary transaction" cannot be processed unless the man is unethical or really bad and the women are ture whole. Both of men and women usually untilize unleveled tricks playing one against the other or vice versa .
Dec 1, 2009 00:14
  • DODGER
“I do have a problem with women lying by professing love for a man, when all they really love is his money. They are the true "whores"
I think Bob is being a little bit harsh here.
Women are programmed to seek out the best male that they can get.

Two Hunters coma back to the cave after hunting; one carrying half a bison over his shoulder, the other with a banana in his hand. No prize for guessing who gets laid.
Marrying for love in China is in fact a very new concept.
Dodger.
Dec 1, 2009 17:33
  • BOBERT
I think DODGER risks underestimating the equality of modern women by combining western and Chinese with the gereric term of "women". Western women have come a long way towards true independence since the cave man days. Most no longer select a man for materialistic benefits. Those that do are shallow and self centered. "Marrying for love in China" may well be a new concept but it's one that will gain momentum as China modernises.

P.S.The moral of the bison versus banana story is to select a vegetarian woman you want to sleep with.
Dec 2, 2009 03:36
  • DODGER
Yes, Bob, I was generalizing in regards to the way all women are wired.
Their security/insecurity gene is more dominant than in a male for obvious reasons.
I agree with you completely that western women have come a long way in terms of more equality and opportunity and therefore have less reason to resort to a basic instinct, but their sisters in other countries have daily examples of women with very little physical or emotional security. Therefore is it any wonder that a basic human survival instinct takes over.
I don’t think so, nor do I think that it is completely fair to moralize unless these woman have any other choice.
Cheers Dodger.

PS. The bloke with the banana would have spent a restless night by the fire, on his jack, listening to the grunting of bison man and his woman, or women promising himself that next time, no more easy options.
Dec 2, 2009 13:29
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

PS. The bloke with the banana would have spent a restless night by the fire, on his jack, listening to the grunting of bison man and his woman, or women promising himself that next time, no more easy options.

Once the bloke with the banana finds a group of vegetarian women he will have the last laugh. Bananas grow in bunches are and easily picked. Bison are dangerous and difficult to find. Bison man can hump his carnivous women only untill his meat is exhausted (no pun intended). However his smarter compatriot can hand out bananas to a string of appreciative girls and reap the endless rewards.
Dec 2, 2009 13:44
  • BOBERT
[quote=DODGER,383058]Therefore is it any wonder that a basic human survival instinct takes over.
I don’t think so, nor do I think that it is completely fair to moralize unless these woman have any other choice.
Cheers Dodger.

I think we are comparing oranges to apples Dodger. What women do for money is their own business providing nobody is hurt. However in my opinion, to feign affection or love in that pursuit is far beyond a simple breach of "morals". In China both parties know the rules of the game. In the west only one side is playing fair. Therefore I don't believe I am "moralizing" by denigrating such "whores".
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marry a rich guy!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code