Menu
visit Chengdu, KunMing, Xi'An
Jan 18, 2010 19:12
  • BOBERT
It would have looked far less like an atempt to ridicule if you could have at least said "WHERE'S GongQing", instead of "WHAT'S GongQing". It was patently obvious to everybody that GongQing was a place, not an object so "WHERE" was appropriate. But of course the intention was not to offer advice. The intention was to demean Lawrence and show off.
Last edited by BOBERT: Jan 18, 2010 20:01
Jan 18, 2010 20:03
  • ELLYSE
Good grief. I didn't know you're so intuitive to be able to put words into my mouth.
It seems that YOUR answers are only to demean me and show yourself off. In that case, please don't bother wasting our bandwidth.
Jan 18, 2010 20:48
  • BOBERT
I didn't "put words into your mouth". YOU chose the words you wrote! Only YOU are responsible for those words. I simply quoted your words and drew the only conclusion possible.

I have no interest in demeaning you. You have already publicly done a superb job of that yourself. My only interest was to support a fellow poster from being ridiculed for making such a superficial and entirely understandable mistake.

Bobe rt.
Last edited by BOBERT: Jan 18, 2010 21:07
Jan 18, 2010 21:52
  • LAWCCH
hi, ellyse
Sorry for splitting your name into 2 words.
There is no reason behind it and I guess chinese name should have 2 or 3 words.
Also sorry for misunderstanding the argument here. I have no ideas why so fuzzy about the wrong name of a place in China.
For me , as long as a person can correct me and give the right and useful information, then he/ or she has done a good job.
We are here in this forum to provide our fellow traveller useful tips for travelling in China and not wasting time to argue who is right or wrong over minor or trivial issue.
I hope this will help others to be more polite and courteous in giving an answer by not offending anyone. I think it is not nice to be in this forum for the small matter and heated argument.
I am not saying who is right or wrong, everybody has the right to say about his/ her point of views.
Thank you.
Lawrence
Jan 18, 2010 23:00
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAWCCH View Post

hi, ellyse
For me , as long as a person can correct me and give the right and useful information, then he/ or she has done a good job.
We are here in this forum to provide our fellow traveller useful tips for travelling in China and not wasting time to argue who is right or wrong over minor or trivial issue.
I hope this will help others...

Well said LAWCCH. From what I read ELL Y SEE did correct you on two counts, but offered no useful information whatsover. Her intention seemed focused on highlighting your peccadillos rather than being helpful.There are many knowlegable and far less vexatious contributors to this forum who will no doubt soon give you the advice you seek. I trust your next respondent will be more compassionate and less nitpicking. Good luck.

Bob ert
Jan 19, 2010 00:08
  • ELLYSE
I asked him to email me as I can't send him the photos otherwise. And we have been corresponding on email instead of here. I'll leave LAWCCH to enlighten you on whether I have been helpful to him or not. I'm not interested in wasting bandwidth to respond anymore to people who only want to draw attention to themselves -- nitpicking on people who've helped but no other helpful responses otherwise.
Jan 19, 2010 01:48
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELLYSE

I asked him to email me as I can't send him the photos otherwise. I'm not interested in wasting bandwidth to respond anymore to people who only want to draw attention to themselves

CTG is a discussion forum, not facebook! I thought the point of this website was to openly SHARE information on China for the benefit of ALL. If everyone behaved like you there would be no point in visiting CTG at all. I suspect there is an ulterior motive.

I was not drawing attention to myself E LL YSE. I was drawing attention to YOU! You have now succeeded in doing that well beyond what I could have hoped to achieve. For someone who posts so often in a discussion group you seem to be suprisingly reticent to discuss anything. So save your precious bandwidth..and my time responding to such nonsense.
Last edited by BOBERT: Jan 19, 2010 01:50
Jan 19, 2010 01:58
  • HAPPY_LORNA
You did a best choice , go Sichuan . It is a wonderful place for travel . My hometown ,while unfortunately i am working in Shenzhen right now .

If you go Sichuan , you must pay visit to Emeil mountain , and Xindu brige , Jiuzai valley , Huanglong , Daocheng , Aba .... so many places worth your visit .
Prepare your camera and your long time , you will feel time is not enough for you once you arrive there , coz everything so wonderful for you .

Do not forget the food , dilicious , and do not forget see the pretty around you .

hmmm , wonderful trip ,enjoy your time .
Jan 19, 2010 02:01
  • ELLYSE
Again, you missed my point. I can't post the photos here. It's much easier for travellers to email me and I send them the trip report and photos promptly by email. Maybe you should stop trying to argue here and leave the space for LawCCH and others to contribute more useful information.
Jan 19, 2010 03:40
  • BOBERT
HAPPY LORNA just contributed "useful information" to this forum. You contributed nothing! I didn't "miss your point" EL LY SE. You have no point to make!

This a DISCUSSION forum....not a PICTURE forum! People seek information here from a community. Not pictures from an individual! Maybe you start your own website and stop poaching here.
Last edited by BOBERT: Jan 19, 2010 03:53
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: visit Chengdu, KunMing, Xi'An
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code