Menu
Dating/Flurting in China
Jan 20, 2010 09:33
  • BWINKS
Alright,

So lets try to get a topic going on how people in china flurt and date. As an american soon to be in china i should be updating this in the next 2 months or so.

Comparisons from those that have been lived outside of china are helpful.... And ladies in china, feel free to post!
Feb 5, 2010 21:01
  • GRIZ326
Women are women all over the world. Chinese women have extraordinary grace compared to the women of many countries and they can appear alluring, sensual and sexual when they are only being graceful at the time with no further intent. It can be a bit tricky, but as an old guy, when a young Chinese woman approaches me with a big smile, it is usually just to practice her English. For a young man like yourself, I'd suggest you presume that overtly bad girls are prostitutes, touchy-feely girls want to get married, and shy/reserved girls are shy and reserved. You can pay for the prostitutes or take advantage of the girls who want to get married(if you are cut from that cloth), but be considerate of the shy/reserved girls - you could upset the apple cart for them in ways that you cannot imagine. I'll probably get ripped for the gross generalizations above, but it is probably a good place to start.
Feb 6, 2010 02:56
  • BBQQ
I am a Chinese girl. Maybe I am too traditional. I hate being flirted. I wanna a serious relationship with my love. I don't think those boys who just flirt with girls can take a serious relationship with me. When I see them, I probably will run away.
Feb 12, 2010 02:00
  • KEVIN0518
Sometimes, the husband and the wife flirt with each other. But I don't think it is a good idea to flirt a girl that you are not very familiar with. Try to be serious. Don't be a PLAYBOY.
Mar 9, 2010 20:07
  • JINGJING
yes,don't be a playboy.girls hate men flirt.
And most chinese girls are not stupid,,they know foreigenrs are all good,,people are just people,,so don't think you can take advantage here in china,,,,^^
Apr 3, 2010 01:27
GUEST17197 My advice: 1. take the advice these Chinese girls have given you seriously. 2. Be ready for failures and disappointments.
Good luck.
Apr 16, 2010 16:02
  • CRYSTALTAO
Trying to answer such questions was one of my incentives to start a blog LoveLoveChina (http://www.lovelovechina.com).

After surfing on this topic around the web, I realized that in the end foreigners find Chinese girlfriends without regard to the way in which they flirt.

The only question is - WHAT KIND OF GIRL they will find? The girls in libraries and KTV bars are quiet different, right?

Anyway, if you want a practical advise: you can register at some dating site, and maybe you will find a nice Chinese girl even before coming to China.
May 1, 2010 11:50
GUEST87217 Hi,

I joined Match.Com a few months ago and recently got a wink from a Chinese woman. I winked back and we began emailing daily. We've been doing this for the past month.
I am 49 and she is 36. She seems sincere. She seems like a very sweet person and I am very interested.

She recently has asked me to come to China for a visit in July for the World Expo. How should I take this request?
I believe she is interested in me too. I have never dated someone from outside my country before and have been reading everything I can find on Chinese women.

Can anyone give me advice on how to proceed?

Thanks.

May 2, 2010 02:29
GUEST21131
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST87217

Hi,

She seems sincere. She seems like a very sweet person and I am very interested.
I believe she is interested in me too. I have never dated someone from outside my country before and have been reading everything I can find on Chinese women.

It is great! from what you said I think you should have a visit to China. You can further search that wether this girl is good or not if you want. Besides the World Expo is worth visiting, right?
May 25, 2010 13:33
  • JNETO
I've been in Shenzhen for about 3 months and i think i've seen every kind of girl here.
But the one's that got my attention were the girls who are desperate to get married with a foreigner. I guess you can call them "touchy-feely girls".
The main reason that they want to get married with a foreign man is the money!
They think every foreign is rich, and sadly in most cases they are right. Foreign guys only come to China and Hong Kong for business and these girls are hoping that this "rich foreign guy" takes her to his home in US or Europe with a ring in her left hand.

The "touchy-feely girls" think they are smarter than the "rich foreign" just because she managed to marry him. Sadly in most cases they are left behind here in China when the foreign has to return to his home-country. It's so easy to get a divorce here in china.
Jun 11, 2010 05:44
  • MUTT
No kidding, these "touchy-feely girls" are vicious too .
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Dating/Flurting in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code