Menu
Marriage Registration in China!
Jul 7, 2013 17:47
GUEST24815 Im a Canadian and got married to a Chinese lady in Dubai where we lived for 20 yrs, but our marriage contract was registered in China by her . We moved to Canada but got separated for 5 yrs now. She went back to Dubai.

I would like to file a divorce here in Canada and I don't know where to get that registered marriage certificate from China. Can I request that here in China Embassy in Canada or do I need to contact the beaureu in China? Please help me. Thank you
Jul 7, 2013 20:36
GUEST85212 GUEST24815,

Since you got married in China, I think you should go to the place where you registered your marriage to end your marriage.
Oct 3, 2013 06:07
GUESTMURUGAN... hi, i am an indian married a chinese girl in india and holding marriage certificate.now my wife want to get married in chinese way and get registered in china.As we plan to go next month.what preparation should i make,and document need to take. Please guide me.
Oct 18, 2013 13:19
  • VANWAI
i'm a malaysian and we are planning to marry in malaysia and my gf is from china . my question is ,if we register and marry in malaysia and do we really need to register again in china ? and is it compulsory and what if we didnt re-register in china ?
hope u can reply me soon
Dec 7, 2014 03:08
GUEST59217 I am lithuanian, but i live and work in Norway, the same situation as yours...... so you need your birth sertificat as well translated and notarized i your country, and after you need it to be legalized in finland in polish consulat, and afer stamped in publik notary in the region you live in , after stamped in ministry of foreign affairs office in Finland, after you get all those things you go to chinese ambasy to get legalized there..... both documents have to be done the same way. When you get this done you ready to trawel to China. Good luck.
Dec 7, 2014 03:23
  • VIDELCE

I think that you should read this page carefully:
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/visa/marriage-registration.htm
Feb 1, 2015 11:00
  • KATHERINE_SY
Hi, saw your forum and its kinda helpful, I also have a question I hope you can help me..
I am married to a PRC citizen, we are currently residing in the philipines, I am half chinese half filipina but I am a philippine citizenship holder, we got married last 2013 here in the philippines, last year 2014 we went home to china and tried to register our marriage there, but we were totally lost on how to start nor where to start. we've been to their local PSB. they asked us to go to the Local Exit Entry Admin. Bureau and Civil Affairs Bureau (Minzheng Ju 民政局) of shishi, fujian, then the shishi Civil Affairs Bureau (Minzheng Ju 民政局) asked us to go to Quanzhou Civil Affairs Bureau (Minzheng Ju 民政局). But unfortunately non of them know how to do it. some of them said their computer dont have english encoding system and can not encode our records, some dont know how to do it, some said it cant be registered, and I am totally lost on what and how i will do it. We also asked if I can apply for a long term or residence permit. non of them can answer..

I hope you can help me.. Thank you!
Feb 2, 2015 20:11
GUESTCHRIS Katherine, I am afraid that you can not get married in China. You know, foreigners who try to get married in China must have single certificate. Since you have married in Philippines, you can't acquire the single certificate.

If you plan to make your Filipino marriage certificate work in China, you just need to notarize it before you use it in mainland China. The normal process is that you need to notarize your marriage certificate at the notary office in your country. Then you should get it authenticated by your Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Afterwards, you should get it authenticated by Chinese embassy. Finally, you need to notarize it at the notary office in the city where you will stay in mainland China.
Mar 13, 2015 22:46
GUEST30218 Hi I went with fiance to her jurisdiction and I had the single proof papers with me, but i was missing the authorization of chinese consulate. where is this place located
Mar 16, 2015 22:42
GUEST63785
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST30218

Hi I went with fiance to her jurisdiction and I had the single proof papers with me, but i was missing the authorization of chinese consulate. where is this place located

It should authenticated by Chinese embasy or consulate in your country. If you don't mind telling where you are from, I may help you find the address and consulate phone number.
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Marriage Registration in China!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code