Menu
Can i obtain a work visa while in China on a tourist?
May 24, 2011 00:59
GUEST40199 good day ,

i have china visa for one time entry , can i go to hong kong and return to china.
if cannot , can i go to hongkong and return to china in may travell day to airport without entering any city.
Oct 14, 2011 11:56
GUEST68253 Hello,

If I will be granted a z-visa, what type of visa will my son and husband have? Can I bring them to China during my stay there?
Oct 14, 2011 20:34
GUEST2663
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST68253

Hello,

If I will be granted a z-visa, what type of visa will my son and husband have? Can I bring them to China during my stay there?

Your husband and son can also apply for Z visa.
Oct 24, 2011 19:29
GUEST22242 I have been offered a teaching job . They said its common practice in China to work on a L Visa . I realise this is ilegal has anyone done this ?
Oct 24, 2011 22:44
GUEST2367
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST22242

I have been offered a teaching job . They said its common practice in China to work on a L Visa . I realise this is ilegal has anyone done this ?

It is illegal to work in China with L visa according to the law. Once you were found out, you might be deported.
Oct 25, 2011 04:34
GUEST12187 If they cannot provide you with a Z visa then they are not registered to employ foreigners. An L visa is a short term "tourist" visa which can be renewed only twice within China. You would then need to leave the country (to Hong Kong) to obtain a new one. You would need to pay travel and hotel costs plus the visa and agents fees. It is illegal to work without the correct visa. You would be deported if discovered and banned from re-entry.
Dec 15, 2011 03:41
  • JERRYBAILEY
Depends, If the L visa is because they are married to Chinese citizen, then a 1000Y fine is common each time. If they are here on an expired visa, then, the fines get hefty, but not more than 10,000 rmb, however, their passport number will be earmarked, and if deported or not, they never be granted an L visa back again. It is difficult to get the Z visa if you are in China. They usually want to return to your country and re-apply. A good school can get you around this problem most of the time.
Last edited by JERRYBAILEY: Dec 15, 2011 03:42
Apr 13, 2012 09:49
GUEST49167 I am wondering if you were able to resolve your issue and if so, whether you could give me advice on how. I am also a double citizen (Brazil - US), was given no choice but to come as a tourist as a Brazilian citizen. What can I do if I want to take a job as an American citizen? Would I be able to get a visa on my AMERICAN passport in HK?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sep 19, 2012 01:56
GUESTTIM im on a visitor visa in china right now but i have found a job that wants to hire me right away do i still have to go back to my home country to change it to a working visa? is there anyway i can just change the visa in China? please someone help me out....
Sep 20, 2012 22:29
  • ENID
Hi Tim, it is possible to get visa in HK if you do not want to go back. But make sure let the official write in the invitation letter for you to apply from HK office. I am not clear what passport you hold, so you can contact a visa agency for the details if applicable.
Page 2 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Can i obtain a work visa while in China on a tourist?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code