Menu
Hi, come on, wat do u think of women's status in today's China?
Mar 9, 2005 17:30
  • MERMAID
After 2010 women above 35 can have a second child though it sounds very dangerous!
Mar 9, 2005 17:47
  • ELCABRON
Mermaid,

this are very hot news. Who said that? Because I havent heard it yet. But you already said MAYBE.....maybe not?
Mar 10, 2005 08:56
  • MERMAID
Why are u so nervous?
As far as i know, this is maybe, not maybe not.

Mar 11, 2005 13:14
  • PRVNK
China is pretty safe as I have seen from the past few months.
Travel is not difficult.
Language is a barrier but you can always find someone speaking english in major/medium cities.

Almost all women in China work (not the same as India. I still see housewives in India) and are pretty independant.
Teens however need not leave home at an age like 18-20 and some stay with parents until they get married unlike western countries.

Also sometimes parents have a say in approving a partner. I've known a friend of mine reject his GF as his parents didnt want him to marry her.

There are no arranged marriages and the social life has picked up on par with the western countries. Its not rate I see a girl/woman walk up to a guy and buy him a drink.

Chinese are extremely kind and friendly to foreigners and I am apalled by the way I get treated here.

- Praveen
Mar 11, 2005 13:40
  • MERMAID
So glad to hear that u enjoy ur stay in China!
Mar 12, 2005 00:35
  • ELCABRON
Hi Paula,

nervous? Are you sure you got the right word? Maybe you mean distrustful?
Of course I am, because you give the child the wrong name;-) We are not here for public relations work, are we?
Apr 2, 2006 09:37
  • INMEDIC
Hey guys,

I think men and women together should share the responsibility of a relationship. This is what I told my wife. We should talk and discuss everything before one person goes out and does something or buys something. What do you guys think?
Jun 9, 2008 09:45
GUESTPAPA LE... Hey guys, I'm just curios and I need you to tell me what you think:
Do you think the position of women today came about as a result of China's economic reformation or as a result of its government political policies? Do you think democracy is the only path that can provide ultimate freedom to its people?
May 1, 2009 07:35
GUEST45194 Hey wat iz some things i can write about china for a story
Jul 14, 2009 23:05
  • ANDY2008
The status of Chinese women, nowadays, is not as high as those of their contemparies in western countries. For example, a large number of young women in China still hope to secure a good future by marrying a rich man, no matter how old he is. In addition, the top nine leaders of China are all male and a majority of more than 90% leaders of all governments , commpanies, schools and other organizations are men.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Hi, come on, wat do u think of women's status in today's China?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code