Menu
Jilin University Medical Education & Changchun City
Jun 8, 2010 23:05
  • BL2022
Jilin University is a quite good one in China, but I do not know much about its school of medicine.

For living standard, since you will be a student in china, the food in school canteen will be much cheaper than outside and as Ellyse said:” Changchun is likely to be quite a bit cheaper than Beijing."

As part of northeast China, Jilin people are very kind-hearted, humorous and out-going.

Jilin is rather cold in winter, but it also has hot summer. I think you may buy clothes after arriving.

For your reference, you can buy anything one can think out in china. Do not bother too much about it. Just bring yourself enough money. Besides, resellers usually sell things to overseas at a much higher price, so you may either buy it online or ask the Chinese you can believe in to go with you.

In China, most universities with overseas students will have special facilities for them, such as canteen, dorm, etc. There is a great chance your roommates (if you have one) will be overseas students who can speak English. You can deal with the situations together. Or you may make some Chinese friends who can speak English and hang out with them or learn some basic Chinese from them. Chinese northeastern people are kindhearted, do not forget it.
Jun 8, 2010 23:11
  • ELLYSE
Yes, I would agree that Chinese in northeast China are generally more warm/big-hearted and straightforward than their southern counterparts. Since you're male (as your profile says), be prepared to make friends over plenty of baijiu -- the awful-tasting, fiery hard liquor.
Jun 9, 2010 00:41
  • GODBLESSALL
Well! My perception is, firstly, this forum's people are highly generous with warm and helpful attitude. I myself believe that if one is good and amicable, then other will act the same. Kind of "Reflection from the mirror"
Similarly, I guess the people of every country are good. The art of living is how to cope with the giving environment and ambiance and live with a symbiotic relationship.

My main aim is just to finish my courses duly and live in harmony.Tomorrow never seen so why bother, past has gone, so why waste valuable time of present for the mere past. I preferred to live in present.

The only thing is China is totally new to me. So it is always good to collect some information about the place where I am going to spend next 3 year at minimum. Also there are times when these advices will come into play and help to generate positive attitude before hand.

Personally I thanked ELLYSE and also BL2022 for providing nice and detail information.
Jun 9, 2010 02:10
  • ELLYSE
And I hope my answers have also helped you to understand that you'll get more helpful answers when you're able to be more specific with your questions.
Personally as a sightseer I found Changchun quite boring, but that's me!
Jun 9, 2010 13:31
  • GODBLESSALL
Yes! you were right! After reading so many things about Changchun I also feel the it is boring as compare to other Southern Cities. Moreover, the climate is also challenging and frigid cold which I don't like.

Talks with the institution is on the preliminary phase. It's sure that I will be coming to China. And after paying fee as a self-financed student I can go any place in China other than most expensive cities like Beijing and Shanghai, which is simply not affordable with full government scholarship because of the cost of living and accommodation.

The good thing is that I am starting to show more interest in China and it regions. Will have more questions and queries when things will finalize before I come to China in September. Thanks!

Jun 9, 2010 13:58
  • ELLYSE
Hmmm? I'm not sure I understand what you meant with that middle paragraph. If you were on a scholarship it would be even easier for you to travel than if you weren't, it seems to me!
Jun 9, 2010 20:56
  • BL2022
Maybe you can get some part-time jobs after arriving. If you are an English native speaker, it will be much easier.Anyway, good luck for you!
Jun 9, 2010 23:37
  • GODBLESSALL
OMG! It was typographical error. I meant without scholarship it would not be possible. English is not my native language but my IELTS score was good.

I am also thinking about part time job like teaching medical students, doing research and perhaps teaching English. Not sure of the level of English people there possess. Other part-time job seems not feasible since have to give time with my own studies. Further, I am not sure that about the availability of part-time job.

Selection and assortment of college seems quite difficult. But the problem lies in medium, for e.g., English or Chinese. Other important aspect is College ranking, its fee and cost of living. And lastly, the place, city, climate, etc.

So far my impression is China is very much suitable for Studies, whether it is undergraduate or postgraduate course. The language is the main hindrance if you don't speak Chinese. Willingness to study one year language course perhaps boost the level of education and communication skills.

Jun 9, 2010 23:42
  • ELLYSE
I didn't think this university was particularly outstanding, but I'm not in the medical field.
Jun 9, 2010 23:58
  • GODBLESSALL
Well all the information of University is from Web. Most the renown universities are concentrated in Beijing and Shanghai. Rest is tough to judge unless physically present and search for them. Almost 3 months are there to find a suitable college I guess.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Jilin University Medical Education & Changchun City
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code