Menu
Why do western women seldom marry Chinese men?
Jun 30, 2010 01:33
  • FAERYGIRL
In this forum, we often see that many foreigners marry Chinese girls. But we seldom know that western women marry Chinese men. A bit strange, right? Actually, western women have their reasons. Please read the following contents and see if they are reasonable.

1.Chinese men are not handsome. First of all, their faces are too flat. In contrast, western men usually have big noses and deep eye sockets.
2.Chinese men are not sexy and manly. See, they usually don’t have chest hair.
3.Chinese men are not as humorous as western guys.
4.Chinese men are not gentle enough. They seldom apply the principle of “Ladies first” in their lives.

Do you think the above are reasonable? If you are a western woman, will you marry a Chinese guy?
Jul 4, 2010 03:09
  • JIMMYB
No.1 Wrong. There are handsome Chinese guys. Everyone has their own aesthetical standards. You don't think he is handsome but some other girls might think he is cool.

No.2 Having chest hair means they are sexy and manly? This can't be decied on their own. Asians are different from European guys.

No.3 I agree on this. I am not humorous. My friends tell me that I am too nervous and serious.

No.4 Chinese guys should learn how to be a gentleman. Girls love gentlemen.
Jul 4, 2010 03:46
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
"Chinese men are not gentle enough. They seldom apply the principle of “Ladies first” in their lives"
"Chinese guys should learn how to be a gentleman. Girls love gentlemen"

It is true, but not to finish off with one blow. It reminds me of the proprieties on bus here in China. No“Ladies first”at all, I m sick of some guys who even unwilling to give up his seat for a pregnant woman.
Jul 5, 2010 21:20
  • CHARLOTT
Although Chinese men have so much "shortcomings", I still prefer to marry a Chinese man. We are getting old as time passes by. Good looks will disappear one day. Chest hair is not the only standard for being sexy and manly. And I am not humorous so that I can not understand their humor. Thus, this is not my concern. Lastly, I do think that Chinese men need learn to be gentle.
Jul 12, 2010 02:26
  • KEVIN0518
[quote=GLOOMYSUNDAY,400444It is true, but not to finish off with one blow. It reminds me of the proprieties on bus here in China. No“Ladies first”at all, I m sick of some guys who even unwilling to give up his seat for a pregnant woman.[/quote]

Gloomy, I always hear the broadcast on the bus say "Please give seats to the elderly, weak, sick, disabled and children." Never hear "give seats to ladies" Do you know what the situation is in foreign countries?

If men on the bus observe the rule of "ladies first", then they all need to stand up and give their seats to women. Maybe, we should build "ladies-only" buses etc.
Last edited by KEVIN0518: Jul 12, 2010 02:27
Jul 24, 2010 06:40
  • APAULT
In terms of marriage, Chinese men are more traditional, they do not want an independent wife. The women, though traditional in many respects enjoy the relative freedom that they believe they will get from western men. I base this comment on asking this question of Chinese women friends in Australia. They add that Chinese men prefer to get a girl from home, not even an expat Chinese girl who has probably absorbed western ideas of indepedence.

Oh, and I asked a professional male friend how many business and government males visit brothels. His reply, 'about 90%'. Enough said.
Jul 30, 2010 12:44
  • LINELATE
i would like to marry an independent woman who does't spy on me anytime, looking into my email, my phone records and check how many miles i drive each day and asks me for explanation of the extra 1/4 miles i travelled. damn, that was mental torture, gee, no chiense wife ever never again...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by LINELATE: Jul 30, 2010 12:45
Aug 8, 2010 01:40
  • OSMAN
Quote:

Originally Posted by LINELATE

i would like to marry an independent woman who does't spy on me anytime, looking into my email, my phone records and check how many miles i drive each day and asks me for explanation of the extra 1/4 miles i travelled. damn, that was mental torture, gee, no chiense wife ever never again...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha, so funney
Aug 8, 2010 02:15
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
it is only a desire. but it is inexcusable for those who are unwilling to offer seats to a pregnant woman.

Paul, for your comment "Chinese men are more traditional, they do not want an independent wife", can I interpret it this way: Chinese men will not tolerate their wives to be not family-centered? Or earn more income than themselves. They have strong possessive instinct for their girls.
Aug 10, 2010 15:51
  • ETHANINCHINA
I know many foreign girls who have tried dating Chinese men but they often have the same problems.

Chinese men are as handsome as all types of men, some good looking some not, that's universal and the hairy thing is good and bad because some girls don't like so much hair.

The problems I hear the most are

1) Serious: Chinese men always want serious relationships too fast, more foreign girls are more relaxed, they are happy to be with only one man but they don't want you to smoother them, meaning you have your life and they still have theirs.

2) Clingy: Chinese men are too clingy meaning they always want to know where you are, what you're doing and become very jealous at times. The fastest way to turn off a foreign girl is to be overly jealous and pushy.

3)Gentlemanly: I know many Chinese say that China is very equal now for men and women but I assure you it's not nearly equal, wait another 10-15 years and you'll have the equality of hte West and you will miss the days of thepast. Foreign girls demand equality, this means they have every bit as much say in the running of the house and money as you. They are equal to you in all aspects. Most Chinese guys are not so ok with this.

4) Stalking: Chinese culture seems to view obsessive behaviour towards girls as a good thing. I have one friend, she had a Chinese man send her 4-5 messages everyday for two weeks straight and she had not even met him yet, she just agreed to go on a date later. I know not all guys are this way but quite a few are and they ruin it for the rest of the more relaxed Chinese guys.

So Chinese guys, if you want to date a foreign girl, relax. Take it easy. Don't be jealous. Let her have her own life. Treat her as an equal but still be a gentleman (these last two actually contradict each other as, as an equal she should equally pay, but that doesn't happen...)

and the best way to date a foreign girl, become friends with her male friends, that way she can see you are a intersting guy and are accepted by the other foreigners before hand. (this actually goes for dating any girl. make friends with her friends and chances are she'll agree to date)
Aug 28, 2010 02:12
GUESTFLOWER my incredibly handsome man is chinese, i am caucasian (australian).
i love our cultural differences, even though at times it is frustrating. we work hard at communicating, and learning each other's ways. he has such a depth of soul and capacity for understanding that most australian men dont have (in my experience) and he is infinitely patient and gentle.
he is serious and quirky all at once, so we spend much of our time laughing, talking and enjoying.
he is not possessive or clingy, if anything at times he is too reserved, i would love to see him being possessive sometimes!
and if people associate having chest hair with being 'more manly', then leave them to it. *yawn*
a lot of people dont understand our relationship, and cannot see what the attraction is. they are too shallow to look beneath the surface. still waters do actually run deep and not all of us want a 'prepackaged, straight off the shelf' experience.
i love my chinese honey, he is unique and original, and i consider myself very lucky indeed to have found him.
Page 1 of 10    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Why do western women seldom marry Chinese men?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code