Menu
Will you include her name on the property ownership certificate of your apartment?
Aug 29, 2010 01:35
  • JIMMYB
Carlos, I am willing to live in Finland if I can afford to buy your house, haha. You know, it is very hot in China these days. I can not bear it now. I can bear the extreme coldness. If you feel cold, you can wear more clothes. If you feel hot, you can not take off clothes since you wear few clothes.

If I can afford the apartment by myself, it is no problem. My money and I would like to share it with my lover. But I can't afford to buy an apartment. At least, I can't buy one now. If my parents give me all their savings to pay the down payment, I will let them decide. It is their money, not mine.

Of course I can understand why this girl required this. Just take it easy. As Helper said, you won’t get nothing if you divorce. After marriage, you both will support the family. He pays the loan and you might burden the daily expense. You both have the same goal---making your living comfortable.

Before asking for something, please think about what you can offer. There is no free lunch in the world.
Aug 29, 2010 07:12
  • CARLOS
"Before asking for something, please think about what you can offer."

True, Jimmy. If only all people would think like that...

We are going towards Autumn here and the day time temperatures have fallen to +13 C. In the mornings it can be near 0 C. Funny how no one is never satisfied by the local weather... I am not here, others are not where ever they are...

About marriage and house, here, if couple divorces after living together in others house for years, the other has a right for a share from the house just because she/he has put money to it by the years too.

Carlos

Aug 29, 2010 22:22
  • GLOOMYSUNDAY
One way for staying out of the trouble is to rent a house and share the rent together. Never bring money into marriage and love.

Aug 29, 2010 23:14
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOOMYSUNDAY

One way for staying out of the trouble is to rent a house and share the rent together. Never bring money into marriage and love.

Haha, it sounds good to me. If my girl agrees to rent a house, I will pay the rent on my own. I can't afford to buy a house but I can pay the rent.

Never bring money into marriage and love. It is impossible. As long as you are together, money issues are inevitable, buying presents, paying for the meals, rent and charges for electricity and water and other daily expenses etc. Unless you both really go Dutch.

Aug 30, 2010 00:52
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS View Post

True, Jimmy. If only all people would think like that...

About marriage and house, here, if couple divorces after living together in others house for years, the other has a right for a share from the house just because she/he has put money to it by the years too.

Carlos

Unfortunately, many people don’t think like that.

“If you really love me, you won’t care about this very much.”

If I were the boy, I’d say “If you really love, you won’t put me into dilemma. If you love me, you should share the down payment together with me. It is our house and we should build it together.”
Sep 5, 2010 02:37
  • BBQQ
Interesting topic.

Jimmyb, renting an apartment is no good idea. In some places, the rental has skyrocketed. Take Xi'an for example, the rental is about 1200-1500 yuan per month. If you buy an apartment by lending money from the bank, you will pay 1500-1700 per month.

Why not buy an apartment? If the housing price keeps soaring, you will make profit. WIll you lead your life by renting the aparment all your life?

Sep 5, 2010 02:46
  • BBQQ

I agree on this too. The ideal situation is: both sides take out some money to pay for the apartment. Then you definitely can have your name on that certificate. Unfortunately, many girls and their parents don't think so.
Sep 6, 2010 01:38
GUESTLASSIE I think, I would like to buy myself an apartment before marriage. and rent it out after marriage if do not urgent in finance. As you said it will make profit in the future.
Sep 8, 2010 01:05
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTLASSIE

I think, I would like to buy myself an apartment before marriage. and rent it out after marriage if do not urgent in finance. As you said it will make profit in the future.

Lassie, it is a good idea to do some investment. But will you notarize your house before marriage?
Sep 8, 2010 01:36
GUESTLASSIE of course unless I am wealthy enough to pay other bigger one.

marriage is practical and I will not give hostage to fortune, or uncertaincy.
Page 2 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you include her name on the property ownership certificate of your apartment?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code