Menu
A Foreign Womens Opinion of Chinese Men
Oct 7, 2010 23:31
  • BOBERT
I can only repeat my earler post..."YOU are guilty of doing exactly what you are accusing others of. YOU have created the false Chinese stereotype! In reality it doesn't exist. In fact you have now created a false stereotype for BOTH Chinese and westerners!

There is no general western false stereotype amongst rational thinking westerners regarding Chinese. To say there is a falsely held belief amongst westerners that Chinese are effiminate, abusive or inadequate is patently wrong. As a westerner, I find your accusation offensive

I have no idea why you find it necessary to defend your Chinese boyfriend. Nor do I know exactly what you need to defend him from. Most people realise there is good and bad in every race. Perhaps you should change your circle of friends if that's where the abuse is coming from.

Enough said. The evidence is conclusive. I rest my case. If the cap fits, wear it!
Last edited by BOBERT: Oct 7, 2010 23:47
Oct 9, 2010 12:49
  • JABAROOTOO
I'm curious as to why this topic got so off base.

The subject of this post is based on a 'Chinese American' so I will assume that he looks Chinese but thinks like an American and this may be one of more important differences for foreign women.

Just for the record I am living in China and have done so for the past seven years and I rub shoulders with mainland Chinese men almost everyday so I think I have a little understanding of the Chinese male. Real Chinese men not Chinese American

And yes they can be
very attractive or quite to opposite
very sensitive or quite the opposite
very effeminate or quite the opposite
very well mannered or quite the opposite
very thoughtful or quite the opposite
very considerate or quite the opposite
very demonstrative or quite the opposite
and I could go on and on and on

but now this looks like every man and human nature worldwide

Come to China before you start making such broad statements about your 'Chinese American' being the 'standard'

It's wonderful that you have found the love of your life and I wish you two a long and happy future.......
Oct 9, 2010 15:08
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTGUESTLIBEIKA

Chinese men have such nice, dark hair and eyes, tan skin, strong healthy bodies and super attractive, pouty lips!

I know there are MANY opinions on other races thrown about, but hear me out on this one....YOU CANNOT JUDGE PEOPLE FROM STEREOTYPES!!!

This is why it got "off base". The poster attempts to create a stereotype for Chinese men, (a preposterous stereotype I might add)..... and then in the very next sentence criticises others (quite fervently and piously in my opinion) for doing exactly that!

Last edited by BOBERT: Oct 9, 2010 15:10
Oct 16, 2010 07:02
  • BOBERT
Wake up to yourself CALICTUS. Just because you are not built like Arnold Swashaneneger doesn't mean you indequate. This moron is trying to stereotype all Chinese men. Now she is attempting to hide behind Judaism. She is a lowlife..and she is wrong.
Oct 16, 2010 14:08
GUESTANTITROLL I like Chinese guys too! I think SOMEONE took this way too far. The only "lowlife" posting on this subject is the person trying to find something wrong with the girl who loves Chinese guys. I think maybe you spend a lot of time trolling for fights to get into online. Maybe feeling inadequate about something?
Oct 16, 2010 17:02
  • MARRIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

Wake up to yourself CALICTUS. Just because you are not built like Arnold Swashaneneger doesn't mean you indequate. This moron is trying to stereotype all Chinese men. Now she is attempting to hide behind Judaism. She is a lowlife..and she is wrong.

True. Glamour and power has nothing to do with the height and apperance. Delicately embroidered pillow with hay is worthless. Steel cannot become steel without going through forge.
Oct 18, 2010 03:21
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Dear CALIXTUS,

Members can edit their own threads or replies in one hour after you made your posts. BTW, we may help you edit your posts if you like.

Community Moderators
Oct 18, 2010 20:03
GUESTLIBEIKA Yeah, I think I am done with my posting here....as GuestAnt said, I am being "Trolled"...soooo...enough of that! I am not a racist and I AM Jewish(1/4...I am SURE that doesn't count to Bobert...and YES it IS on my Mom's side!). I will never stop being vocal about the misconceptions of Asian men b/c 1 guy on a message board says I am racist...and my BF is quite proud of my "Anti Asian Men Bashing" stance...it is all b/c of him anyway:) And before you go off on a fetish tangent-my 亲爱的 is my first Asian boyfriend(and hopefully my last boyfriend EVER!)...but I have never based a choice of dates on their race.

But again, that is ENOUGH! I will let Bobert pick me apart again with his scathing comments, and I will go on to enjoy my time with my wonderful boyfriend! :)
Oct 21, 2010 23:27
  • BOBERT
GUESTLIB;
I am also done with posting here. You can be confident that you will never have to suffer my indignation again. I wish you nothing but happiness and longevity with your Asian boyfriend. However if he were Eskimo or Aboriginal my best wishes for your future together would not alter. I honestly have no idea why you felt the need to defend your boyfriend from what you perceived as racist slurs on this forum. I have never encountered the "misconceptions of Asian men" you talk of so I objected to you labeling all westerners as racist. I also took offence at your suggestion that all westerners have a jaundiced stereotypical view of Chinese men and I was appalled by the obvious hypocrisy. Not all westerners have that view, and not all Chinese men are perfect. Regardless of all that, best wishes...goodbye..and have a great life.
Last edited by BOBERT: Oct 21, 2010 23:31
Oct 23, 2010 15:52
  • LARRYBOY
WOW Bobert you came in with a BANG!! welcome back!!
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A Foreign Womens Opinion of Chinese Men
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code