Menu
A Foreign Womens Opinion of Chinese Men
Oct 26, 2010 20:19
  • COOLSPRINGS
Bobert, It's sort of wasting of time to summarize how the Chinese men are. It's just like describing how our after life look like, for that none of us who are still alive are possible to reach that far...Bobert, as a western man, I believe u cannot reach that far either in this topic. Individually, the personalites that can be found among the western men have their corresponding matches with those found in Chinese men. As a Chinse woman, I can hang along very well with some Chinese men while feel extremely uncomfortable or/and awkward with others, which does depend on personal choice.
Last edited by COOLSPRINGS: Oct 26, 2010 20:23
Jul 3, 2012 23:55
GUEST81116 I had a Chinese boyfriend and he was really abusive. Maybe you just have an anomaly.
Jul 5, 2012 22:37
  • NOBODY
Ha, i can understand Bobert. I also dont like it when people use stereotypes, but it is our way to deal with people. As example i heard good and bad things about chinese man, mostly that they dont like to take care of their children. I have students who everytime look like i ate a Horse, when i tell them that i changed the diaper of my daughter.
On the other side i hear about people who try their best. I met people online and in real life, you "more or less" hated foreigners, and chinese women who go out with foreigners.
Stereotypes are personal experience, it can be useful for us, but others might disagree, so the writer of this Thread needs to be aware of this...
Jul 8, 2012 01:29
Nobody,

Can your description on Chinese men be a kind of stereotype? There are some super Chinese dads. I am a Chinese. My best friend had his son last year. I saw personally that he changed diaper, wash clothes for his son.

As a Chinese, I do not hate those foreigners who have Chinese girlfriends. But some Chinese girls have their agendas when they have a relationship with foreigners. They want to get green cards or money from their foreign boyfriends.
Jul 9, 2012 03:03
  • NOBODY
@Lonelyjourney: Of course it is a type of stereotype, because everybody has his/her own stereotype for people. But it lies in our hands how we say it and how we react upon it if someone disagrees.
As example i have this stereotype, so it WILL affect my future thinking about chinese man, BUT because i know that it is only a stereotype, i try to be open minded and say that everybody is different.
I m happy to hear that you know chinese fathers who do so much for their child(ren) I also know a few, but the truth is that i dont know soo many others who do it. It's mostly the "job" of the mother or/and grandmother to take care of the child (in my experience)

Yeah, luckily many chinese are not like this, but according to my experience its also mostly the men who have problems with this.
Last edited by NOBODY: Jul 9, 2012 03:06
Jul 9, 2012 22:27
Nobody,

Life is hard. Many Chinese couples have to raise their family together. They have to pay their apartment loan and take care of their children. The wife has to work too. After a day's work, she has to cook and then take care of her child. Thus, the husband do the house chores, washing dishes, clothes and diaper, clean the floor etc.

A friend of mine is really a good husband. His wife is pregnant. He has to work, cook food, wash clothes, clean the floor and take good care of his wife because his parents do not live together with them.

PS: Many young Chinese women can't cook. Instead, their husband cook dishes for them.
Jul 15, 2012 01:33
  • NOBODY
Just last week (Friday) i met a nice chinese father, changing diapers, cleaning and everything.
But then today i talked to students again (mothers and fathers) and they tell me that this isn't normal.

But i thought that often the grandparents help to take care of the little one, also that the grandmother often helps to cook or keeps the house clean. (according to most chinese i talked to)
Jul 16, 2012 22:30
Nobody,

Why did your students think it was abnormal? You'd better ask them whether they would do this for their kids in future.

Yes, the grandparents take care of their grandchildren, cook and clean the houses. The young parents are too busy. They have to work to support their families. Thus, their parents take the job of taking their grandchildren.
Jul 19, 2012 03:47
  • NOBODY
Well, my students are between 16-56 years old... so they mostly tell me their experience. That simple the man goes working and then goes out with friends (or "business" dinners)
Jul 22, 2012 03:16
Quote:

Originally Posted by NOBODY

Well, my students are between 16-56 years old... so they mostly tell me their experience. That simple the man goes working and then goes out with friends (or "business" dinners)

Well, why don't they come back home to help their wives take care of their kids instead of hanging out with their friends? As a father, they also have responsibility to take care of their kids. I mean 'except making money'.
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A Foreign Womens Opinion of Chinese Men
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code