Menu
Happiness is too fragile!
Oct 17, 2010 03:38
guest1661 Would you dump your girlfriend or wife if you won a big lottery? Don’t hesitate to answer this question. The following is a real story:

Lihua and Lanlan were a couple. In 2005, they met and fell in love with each other. But her parents objected that they shouldn’t be together. So she eloped with Lihua. They left their village and worked outside for a while. In September, 2006, they got married. Lanan didn’t receive a wedding ring or a bouquet of flower. But she still married Lihua. In February, 2007, they had a beautiful daughter. Lihua dropped his idea to make money outside and did labor work to support their family.

Lanlan said that their life was much miserable. They even didn’t have 100 RMB to let their daughter inject vaccination. They quarreled sometimes but their relationship was stable at that time.

Gradually, Lanlan found that Lihua was different. He bought a car and a house. And he started his own company. Finally, she knew that her husband won a big lottery. In all, he earned more than 7 million yuan.

Since she knew about it, Lihua began to transfer his property and didn’t tell anything to Lanlan. So she made an appeal to the local court and required divorce. Her husband didn’t agree and beat her sometimes.

7 million yuan has changed a person and his life. But he is never who he was.
Oct 17, 2010 21:39
  • SUNNYDREAM
It is ok to get through the hardships but sharing property and happiness is not ok. How could he leave his wife alone? A real bastard.
Oct 19, 2010 04:30
  • CHARLOTT
It has proved again: Men will become bad after they get rich.
Oct 20, 2010 06:47
  • GAFFER
Very sexist remark Charlott. Many women become bad to GET rich.
Oct 22, 2010 14:53
  • MATZ
Happiness is too fragile ... well, we are too fragile Happiness is always happy ... it is like when we say that time flies but he actually stands, we go by fast and money even more.
from what you said seems that this women decided to ask a divorce after she knew about her husband winning the lottery so she actually 'dumped' her husband in order to take the money ... and that's must be the reason why the husband was hiding them ... very typical situation

Oct 30, 2010 22:11
  • JIMMYB
MATZ, I think that you were wrong. Her husband won the lottery and didn't say a word to his wife. He didn't think about sharing his lottery with her. After his wife found out, his purpose became more obvious-"all the money is mine. You don't even think about getting money from me."

It is wise for her to divorce him. I think that the woman has already known what her husband is. It isn't worthwhile to live with such a person all her life.
Oct 31, 2010 21:38
  • BBQQ
Jimmyb is right. But I am wondering if the husband is willing to divorce. If he agrees to divorce, he will give some money to her as compensation.

A true couple should stick through thick and thin. They have survived hardships. Why can't they share happiness together?
Oct 31, 2010 21:44
  • CHARLOTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by GAFFER

Very sexist remark Charlott. Many women become bad to GET rich.

Gaffer, we are the same, haha. You speak for men and I try to protect women.

Are you sure you won't become bad when you win 10 million US dollars?
Nov 1, 2010 07:12
  • GAFFER
Too much money is pretty useless really. If I won such a ridiculous amount I would first of all take care of my family, keep enough for myself to live in luxury, and then set up and manage a trust fund with the rest to help people in need around the world.
Nov 1, 2010 21:38
  • CHARLOTT
You are a good guy, Gaffer. But can you make sure that you will be very calm when you win such a ridiculous amount of money?

Maybe, the girl's husband had the same idea like you. After he won the big lottery, he was lost and forgot what he said before.

No offense, Gaffer. Anyway, it is just hypothesis.
Nov 2, 2010 03:36
  • GAFFER
In the UK we have a national lottery and a Eurpoean lottery. A recent UK winner won 113,019,923 UK pounds (1130 million yuan)We often see stories in the press about past winners whose lives have been destroyed by massive wins. They were simply unable to cope with being so rich. It was calculated that a recent winner, even when interest rates are low, would earn 80,000 yuan per day in interest alone from his winnings. Nobody needs such a large amount of money. Obviously it would be nice to be able to buy anything you would like but I would get more pleasure from helping disadvantaged people. However, as I never buy lottery tickets it will never happen.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Happiness is too fragile!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code