Menu
A British photographer captures a double rainbow
Oct 27, 2010 03:36
Taking a good picture is very difficult. A British photographer has been taking pictures of the view from his office window every day for seven years. Now he has finally gotten a very beautiful picture---A Double Rainbow over A Bridge. It is probably the best picture that he has ever taken.

He has a website called The View from the Dartmouth Office. He has been posting pictures of the vista from his window for the past seven years. He said that he had taken more than 2000 pictures before snapping this beautiful double rainbow.

Actually, I admire him very much. How could he take pictures from the same angle for seven years? Didn’t he feel bored?

Oct 27, 2010 23:08
  • CHERRY07
It is beautiful. Did he make a wish when he saw the rainbow?
Oct 28, 2010 09:35
  • CARLOS
Beautiful indeed. I have always wondered about the color of the sky, why is it different in both sides of the rainbow?

I have seen many animations made from hundreds of photos taken exactly from the same place and the same direction. A year goes in just few seconds .

Carlos
Oct 30, 2010 06:19
  • DAVEC
My initial thoughts are its a fake. for a few reasons.

1, I have taken photos from the same place, never seen a rainbow.
2, Serious now, how often do you ever see both ends of a rainbow???
3, Look at the grain structure of the image both above and below the rainbows, it difers.

Ok, now my second thoughts.... ITS A FAKE
Oct 30, 2010 09:26
  • CARLOS
2. I saw both ends of a rainbow last summer. It was the first time in my life and i thought about the same that it really is not very usual.
3. The structure, the clouds below really do look like Windows desktop....
1. My friend always says when he is driving against red lights that I have driven here against red lights many times and never has anyone come....

Carlos
Oct 30, 2010 09:52
  • DAVEC
Have you also noticed the colours are reversed on each one, they are not the same.
I always thought rainbows are the same whatever.
Oct 30, 2010 21:59
  • BBQQ
Fake?

"Have you also noticed the colours are reversed on each one, they are not the same.
I always thought rainbows are the same whatever."

You checked this picture so carefully.
Oct 31, 2010 04:24
  • DAVEC
I do it on a regular basis, today I am doing some photos for a national competition. If they are not 100% I dont use them :)
Oct 31, 2010 04:31
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

I do it on a regular basis, today I am doing some photos for a national competition. If they are not 100% I dont use them :)

You are a judge, Dave?
Nov 1, 2010 13:48
  • DARTMAN
I am the photographer who took the double rainbow pic. And no, it's not a fake. Why would i need to post a fake? The story is the slight fake. I have taken loads of double rainbows before, many of them are on the website I have ( www.theviewfromthedartmouthoffice.com ). I work from home so it is more an in joke than anything to call it the view from the office. As for taking 2000 pictures, that's probably what I do in a month. If you look at the site you'll see quite a range of shots, most certainly not all from one angle, just one spot. That's the point of it. Every pictures taken from one place. Great skies, masses of ships, cruise ship, tall ships and incredible luxury yachts for starters. And it's certainly not my best picture. I didn't really rate it but did give it to a local paper for them to use as a weather photo. Four days later they published it and a couple of British national papers picked it up from there.
Very glad to see it appear around the world, the website has taken some incredible number of hits and I've some wonderful emails for people all over the world.
Great thing, the internet.
Thanks for your interest.
Andy, Dartmouth, Devon.
Nov 1, 2010 14:29
  • DAVEC
Hmmm
Page 1 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A British photographer captures a double rainbow
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code