Menu
A British photographer captures a double rainbow
Nov 1, 2010 21:17
DARTMAN,

You are the real photographer who took this amazing photo? I can't believe it. I tried to visit your website but it failed. Maybe, you can upload the original photo with EXIF info to convince us.

Dave, I am really eager to know what you are thinking now.
Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Nov 1, 2010 21:18
Nov 2, 2010 02:36
  • DARTMAN
A bit worried that you can't visit the website - try the shortened version of the name (TVFTDO.com).
I'll post the pic, and others, although not to sure whether the EXIF info comes out. I keep my pix in Apple's iPhoto which is very convenient but not exactly professional. The agency that gave the picture to the national newspapers certainly darkened it slightly. But then I think I overexposed it. In the paper was pretty much how it looked at the time I shot it.
Okay, I have added the pic, but I also tried to upload some others showing that ALL my pix are taken from the same spot and I'm now not sure if this will accept more than one at a time.
I can't believe that I need to prove this, but hey, Dave, this is for you. Have you really taken pictures from the same spot, our garden? Do we have to believe you too?

Andy, in Above Town, Dartmouth, Devon.

Nov 2, 2010 02:40
  • DARTMAN
Here's another pic from same spot, taken in May this year when a large part of the town was destroyed by fire.

from Andy, yes, in Above Town, in Dartmouth, in Devon.
Not somewhere else stealing other people's photographs.

Nov 2, 2010 02:42
  • DARTMAN
You want more?

Here's an even wider view taken simply because there wasn't a cloud in the sky. A reasonably unusual occurrence.

From Andy in, well guess.

Nov 2, 2010 02:46
  • DARTMAN
And one last one to show the different sort of stuff I shoot. It''s a rather nice boat that came in last month.

Andy, still in Dartmouth.

Nov 2, 2010 02:54
  • DARTMAN
Oh heck. I'm in the mood now, just one more (there, that sounds like a photographer, doesn't it?)
Because Dartmouth has the Britannia Royal Naval College we get lots of military flypasts- here's a RAF Merlin coming through. I can't pretend that I saw the guy at the back when I took it - and it is quite an enlargement.
All these pix, and many, many more are on the website (may I plug it again? www.theviewfromthedartmouthoffice.com ).All shot, by me, from the same spot, just outside our door in the garden.

Nov 2, 2010 02:56
  • DARTMAN
And the word from Dave is....................?

Nov 2, 2010 03:21
Hey Dartman,

Thanks for sharing us your photos. I apologized for what I said before (asking you to upload pictures). I was just surprised that you came here.

May I ask you a question? What camera do you use to take photos?
Nov 2, 2010 03:36
  • DARTMAN
Lonely Jo,

No need to apologise (neither has Dave). I'm just pleased to see the our lovely town of Dartmouth gaining interest around the world. Did you manage to get on to the website? Is it being blocked from whereever you are?

Andy
Nov 2, 2010 03:41
Thanks, Dartman.

I am just interested in photography. I found your photo when I surfed on the internet. Sorry, I still can not visit your website.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A British photographer captures a double rainbow
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code