Menu
A British photographer captures a double rainbow
Nov 2, 2010 03:44
  • DARTMAN
Ooops sorry, didn't talk cameras. Until this weekend almost all the pictures on the website were shot on a Nikon D60. On Saturday I bought a Nikon D300 which is going to take some getting used to.
Rather perturbed that you can't access the site. Where are you?

Andy
Nov 2, 2010 03:51
Haha, I also have a Nikon camera. But it is just a digital camera, P5100. D300 is a good camera. I am dreaming of having a D300 or D300s. But it is too expensive for me.

I am in China. I think I need a proxy to help me visit your website.

By the way, Dave is also a good photograhper. He has taken many beautiful photos. I've seen them on his website.
Nov 2, 2010 05:10
  • DARTMAN
The D300 was too expensive for me too ! But eventually I succumbed.
I won't be hard on Dave in any way at all should he return to the thread. It's good to provoke argument occasionally.

By the way, this website,

http://chiplove.biz/family/showthread.php?p=827906#post827906

which I think is based in Vietnam has downloaded more images from my website showing other rainbows. You may be able to access that.

Happy snapping

Andy
Nov 2, 2010 15:35
  • DAVEC
Feel free to be as harsh as you like, everyone has their opinion.

Next time I am in Kingswear you can show me the rainbows
Nov 3, 2010 02:17
Thanks, Dartman.

I visited that forum and saw the pictures. They look good. Now you have D300. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures from you. By the way, what made you make up your mind to buy D300? Is it because your image appeared on the Dailymail website?
Nov 3, 2010 02:19
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

Feel free to be as harsh as you like, everyone has their opinion.

Next time I am in Kingswear you can show me the rainbows

Dave, I believe you can shoot amazing rainbow too.
Nov 3, 2010 23:07
  • BBQQ
OMG! The photographer came here to see his own picture?

Dartman, can you answer lonely's question? I am curious about your answer.

"How could he take pictures from the same angle for seven years? Didn’t he feel bored?"
Nov 4, 2010 05:00
  • DARTMAN
Apologies for delayed response but was away for a day.

Dave, I'll gladly show you our view, we're in Dartmouth, looking across to Kingswear, give me 48 hours notice and I'll arrange a rainbow. By the way, you're own website is very good. Nice pix indeed. And I certainly didn't mean to be harsh, just gentle ribbing as I felt that a quick look at my own website would show just how many times I have photographed a double rainbow - frequently showing both ends and that to have faked that lot would be, well, daft.
And also an apology from me to you Dave, your line about how the rainbow had to be a fake as you had never seen one in Dartmouth before. Embarrassingly the irony had completely eluded me, I though you were being serious. I'm now chuckling at my own foolishness. (you WERE being ironic, weren't you ????)

And to Lonely Jo regarding the D300. I used to be a press photographer back in days of film and then became a Picture Editor. I fell out of love with photography and it was only when we moved to Dartmouth that that has gradually returned. Shooting the view has become a bit of an obsession and the website has only compounded that. It is still only a hobby with very occasional sales to newspapers so I was happy with the D60. But because we get aircraft zooming up the valley passing about 100m in front of our home it became apparent that a better autofocus system was required. Hence the purchase of a 80-400mm Nikon zoom and the D300. Both second hand.

And to BBQQ: The main point of the website (the view from etc) is to shoot as different pictures as possible from one spot. But I do record one or two uniform shot's most weeks. For instance we have a beautiful oak tree about a mile away that I record and also the general wide view across the river to the village of Kingswear, Some of the skies and light are breathtaking. So, no, I don't think of it as boring.

Andy
Nov 4, 2010 13:06
  • DAVEC
I will certainly give you a shout if I am in the area. I spend time in Paignton when I can and love to do the coastal walk past Brixham and Berry head towards Kingswear and then grab the ferry over.
Nice area which I have been to many times, still aint seen no rainbow though :)
Nov 7, 2010 01:25
  • BBQQ
Thanks for answering my question, Dartman. Taking pictures is your hobby. People won't get bored when they do what they like to do. Like me, I prefer to watch South Korea's soap operas. Sometimes, I just watch the same one for several times, haha.

Enjoy your hobby and take more beautiful photos. I am waiting to be surprised again.
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A British photographer captures a double rainbow
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code