Menu
How do you view tourists' uncivilized behavior?
Nov 2, 2010 22:48
  • CHRISTINE
  • Community Moderator
Did you meet some uncivilized tourists during your journey? Well, I did. I saw people spitting, littering, walking on the grass, jumping the queue to buy the entrance tickets, taking off their shoes and lying on the benches, making loud phone calls, taking pictures without shutting down the flash in the museum or carving their own names on the buildings….. When the [tcgurl=https://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/shaanxi/xian/daming-palace.htm]Daming Palace National Heritage Park[/tcgurl] was open to the public during the National Day Holiday, some tourists even climbed up the roof to take pictures.

If you try to stop them, you will make them angry because they feel that they were insulted. Some even roll their eyes at you and shout “It’s none of your business”. They didn’t think that they were wrong.

Is it so difficult to be a civilized tourist?
Last edited by CHRISTINE: Nov 2, 2010 23:02
Nov 3, 2010 02:33
  • JIMMYB
"If you try to stop them, you will make them angry because they feel that they were insulted."

I did it once and you are exactly right. If no drastic measures were taken, people would never change their bad habits.

Nov 4, 2010 01:32
  • ELAIN
I think time tells everyting . It takes time for people to change . Everyone is aware of the importance of being a civilized tourist ,but we always make words speak louder than actions .
Different people have different self vales , sth that you think evil is not evil for someone else .
Different people have different attitudes for life : positive or negtive .
Who do you wanna be ? It's up to you
Nov 7, 2010 13:16
  • CARLOS
Yea, that really is not for credit for chinese tourists. Especially queuing seems to be impossible to them.

Travelling the Mediterranean tourist places have shown that british and swedish drink a lot and are loud, american are "better than others", russian are drunk, arrogant and super loud, finnish drink more than others and do not feel good before they find a finnish restaurant where they can have finnish beer, finnish coffee and finnish "grandma's meatballs and can read two days old finnish magazine.

What can we say... tourists are... tourists, no matter what passport they have.

Carlos

Carlos
Nov 7, 2010 19:34
  • ONMYWAY
You know what I am thinking? Establishing strict rules to force them to change their bad habits. Serious punishments remind that they should behave well.
Nov 9, 2010 03:24
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by ONMYWAY

You know what I am thinking? Establishing strict rules to force them to change their bad habits. Serious punishments remind that they should behave well.

Maybe we can learn from traffic laws. Those who are caught in spitting, littering, walking on the grass will be on a black list. They will prohibited to visit any tourist attraction in China.
Nov 9, 2010 09:08
  • ATTA_BUTT
It is true “It’s none of your business”.
I think if concern authorities issue a pamphlet before starting a tour by any tourist, it should better for all to save important places. Then we can save our and opponent respect. It is thousand time better then punishment.
Nov 9, 2010 20:17
  • BBQQ
Dear ATTA,

Issuing pamphlet is useless. Last Friday, I went to visit [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/shaanxi/xian/terra_cotta_army/]the Museum of Terracotta Warriors and Horses[/tcgurl]. There was a huge sign, saying "Do not shoot pictures with your flash on". However, some tourists still turned on the flash and took pictures. The security officers tried to stop them and then they did stop taking pictures with the flash on. But they kept doing it when the security officers went away.

Maybe, the museum should forbid tourists the tourists to carry cameras. If you go to visit the [tcgurl=http://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/gansu/dunhuang/mogao_grottoes/]Mogao Caves[/tcgurl], you will know that all tourists are prohibited to bring their cameras in when they visit the murals.

The regulations and punishments are necessary especially when dealing with some stubborn and undisciplined tourists.
Nov 10, 2010 08:28
  • WOOSHO
it is great , and good disscussion.............
Nov 10, 2010 08:29
  • ATTA_BUTT
I think you are right, regulations and punishments are necessary especially when dealing with some stubborn and undisciplined tourists.Agreed.
Nov 11, 2010 23:58
GUESTJAYTAN I was in Sistine Chapel, Vatican City some years back; despite security guards and posting on the wall not to take photographs, tourists from all over the world will still attempt. It is not about uncivilized tourist, it is just tourist habits of capturing the moment.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How do you view tourists' uncivilized behavior?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code