Menu
How to become a full chinese citizen
Nov 6, 2012 19:52
GUEST4783
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTMARL

HI!

Im a Filipino and married to Chinese national.Im pregnant and I want my child to adopt the Chinese citizenship but I will stay in Philippines to born my baby.How to get a chinese visa if i stay in Philippines?

Thank you

Do you mean how to get a Chinese visa for your child or you? You can apply the Chinese visa at Chinese embassy in Philippines. It is complicated for your child.

If you give birth in Philippines, your child automatically becomes a Philippine citizen, right? He has to meet certain requirements if he wants to become a Chinese citizen. Please read the following regulation:

Article 5
Any person born abroad whose parents are both Chinese nationals or one of whose parents is a Chinese national shall have Chinese nationality. But a person whose parents are both Chinese nationals and have both settled abroad, or one of whose parents is a Chinese national and has settled abroad, and who has acquired foreign nationality at birth shall not have Chinese nationality.

(Excerpted from the NATIONALITY LAW OF THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA)

To my understanding, whether your child can acquire Chinese citizenship depends on his father. If his father hasn’t given up his Chinese citizenship, your child is possible to acquire Chinese citizenship. I say ‘possible’ because China doesn’t admit dual citizenship. Since your child automatically gains Philippine citizenship, he has to give up his Philippine citizenship before acquiring his Chinese citizenship.

Thus, I suggest you give birth in China if possible. If your Chinese husband is still a Chinese citizen, your child can automatically become a Chinese citizen after his birth. The following is the related regulation:

Article 4
Any person born in China whose parents are both Chinese nationals or one of whose parents is a Chinese national shall have Chinese nationality.

See, it is easier to do it in China, right? Since you married a Chinese national, you might get your L visa easily than others. Just my guess.
Feb 14, 2013 13:19
GUEST78126
Quote:

Originally Posted by MICHAELLI2010

Shi shi. Believe me, I AM giving up my current citizenship here as soon as I buy my ticket. Being here is a total death wish for me . But I AM GOING TO give up my U.S. Citizenship...Permanately.

again, Shi Shi.

Michael Li

I may not know you but i do know chinese and do you mean thank you
Which is XieXie
Feb 18, 2013 05:31
GUEST77126 I am a business man from Bangladesh, I want live in China, I have a son & a dogthar - I want stay their with my family
suggest me how can i processed.
thanks
Wahid
Apr 2, 2013 23:20
GUEST85212 Hello! i am a Filipino and my chinese boyfriend wants to marry me. if that will be happened am i going to get a chinese visa easily? how long will it takes processing?
Apr 22, 2013 01:27
GUEST55420 yes, if u already married with chinese national it is easy to get an visa (long term) but i think what u need to be prepared first are d requirements of marrying a chinese national. It is one of d needed req in applying a long term visa.
May 23, 2013 01:41
GUESTEDMUND Hi!,
My late parent is from China Hainan Wenchang and they left to Singapore to born me there.
Recently I went back to Wenchang to endorse their land under my name,if one day ,I decided to become a Chinese Citizen. Do you think it is possible.
May 23, 2013 01:52
GUEST21590 Michael,
I work in China before and getting a visa to work there for some years, then make your decision to become the citizen.

Likewise in my country SINGAPORE,you need to work for at least 3 years then be ready to apply for the citizen.

You are lucky, if your Chinese wife can sponsor you to become citizen in the future.
JOHNNASH POST IS GOOD ADVISE.
Jun 12, 2013 03:31
GUESTJASMINE What are the Procedures if I give birth here in philippines? My husband is a chinese citizen. my baby will be automatically a chinese citizen if i give birth here in philippines?

Jun 15, 2013 01:04
GUEST4535
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUESTJASMINE

What are the Procedures if I give birth here in philippines? My husband is a chinese citizen. my baby will be automatically a chinese citizen if i give birth here in philippines?

Your child is a Chinese citizen because his/her father is a Chinese. If you are a citizen of Philippines, I think your child is a Filipino. If you decide to let him/her become a Filipino, he won't be a Chinese citizen anymore. China doesn't admit dual citizenship.
Jul 18, 2013 17:52
GUEST86690
Quote:

Originally Posted by MICHAELLI2010

Shi shi. Believe me, I AM giving up my current citizenship here as soon as I buy my ticket. Being here is a total death wish for me . But I AM GOING TO give up my U.S. Citizenship...Permanately.

again, Shi Shi.

Michael Li

ok, it's xie xie? I think you should live there a while first
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How to become a full chinese citizen
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code