Menu
Could this be true?
Mar 17, 2011 04:19
  • DODGER
The ‘One Child’ policy was created by the Chinese government.
The New Zealand government should therefore not be held accountable for some of the many problems that this policy has created.
‘Acts of God’, of which this earthquake was, is by definition one that no one can be held accountable for.
The C G is asking for special treatment for its citizens because of something that they have put in place.
If the New Zealand government cave in to this pressure it will, or could, create a world wide precedent for any Chinese citizen injured while overseas.
I was discussing this issue the other day with an American. He told me that for the cost of two advanced jet fighter the American government could provide health cover for its entire people.
Perhaps the responsibility lays closer to home.

Dodger.
Mar 17, 2011 04:48
  • BOBERT
LINGYUXISU; A few simple questions. Why are Chinese parents different to all others? Why do they require or deserve "special" compensation? Why do Chinese parents require financial compensation for the loss of a child while other nationalities do not? What is the crux of this anomaly?

If Chinese parents, and the Chinese government regard children as cash cows to be milked in old age then surely it's up to YOUR government to cover the loss. No other nation accepts such an archaic system of children supporting parents in old age. New Zealand did nothing wrong and therefore is under no obligation to support a welfare system which should be the responsibility of the chinese government.

When I am in China I have to live by Chinese laws. When Chinese live in foreign countries they should do likewise.
Last edited by BOBERT: Mar 17, 2011 04:53
Mar 17, 2011 22:38
  • LINGYUXISU
I'm not going to answer your questions, BOBERT, for different nations have different customs and thinking patterns. We two are from two different nations and will never agree with each other on this stuff, then what's the use of our debate. I also googled and it seemed there was little chance the New Zealand government would pay special compensation, so it has come to an end.

Today is a day of mourning across New Zealand, let’s may the dead peace forever!
Mar 17, 2011 22:47
  • LINGYUXISU
Dodger, when we could not blame earthquake, then we could not blame the ‘one-child’ policy either. It’s kind of ‘must’ after the baby blossom, which is always following a war. Otherwise, China will be more crowded than today, which will definitely cause more problems.

Also, as I said to Bobert, since this whole thing has come to an end. How about letting it go and we three discussed something else?
Mar 18, 2011 00:08
  • BOBERT
LINGYUXISU;
When I am in China I respect and abide by Chinese laws and customs, even when I find those laws and customs unpalatable. When Chinese people live in a foreign country they should do likewise. They should not try to impose their customs and traditions on their hosts. They are guests and should behave as such.

When we are all in cyberspace there should be no taboo subject and everything should be up for discussion. Therefore I will take your refusal to answer my questions as capitulation.
Mar 18, 2011 01:24
  • LINGYUXISU
BOBERT: All right, you won. So you are living in China now? Then I think you will know about China and its customs better and better. Maybe you will agree with me someday, or not. Whatever, it's a lot of fun to know different thinkings and broaden my mind:)
Mar 18, 2011 03:03
  • BOBERT
LINGYUXISU;
I am not living in China but I travel there often for holidays. I know about as much as a foreigner can know about Chinese customs, but that is still miniscule.I live in Australia but I love being in China.

We don't need to agree. We only neeed to respect each others opinions and listen. That way we will both learn.
Mar 18, 2011 03:40
  • LINGYUXISU
BOBERT:
Yeah, hope that we will learn more from each other:)
Mar 18, 2011 21:53
  • BOBERT
Well LINGYUXISU, what would you like to discuss now? Tiananmen? Tibet? Taiwan?

Or perhaps a diccussion on the weather might be safer.
Mar 19, 2011 00:53
  • LINGYUXISU
BOBERT, are you kidding me? I don't want to be kicked out from this community.
The weather? It's raining here today in Xian. Forget it, just kidding.
Page 2 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Could this be true?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code