Menu
Could this be true?
Mar 19, 2011 01:51
  • BOBERT
Then we will stick to discussing the weather. It's a glorious sunny day here in Melbourne Australia. The skies are blue, the beer is cold, the women are friendly. What more could a man ask for?
Mar 19, 2011 02:10
  • DODGER
Don’t listen to Bob. He’s telling porkies again.
The sun never shines in Melbourne.
Dodger.
Mar 19, 2011 03:02
  • LINGYUXISU
BOB, are you telling porkies? I can fly to Melbourne anytime to confirm it~
Mar 19, 2011 15:26
  • BOBERT
I'll meet you at the airport in Melbourne LINGYUXISU. Bring sunglasses and suncreen...and a very large thirst.

Dodger is an escapee from England who settled for second best by living in Sydney instead of Melbourne. That's a bit like choosing to live in the polluted city of Lifen (Shanxi) or the magnificent city of Xian. Anything he says is just sour grapes.
Mar 19, 2011 16:58
  • BOBERT
If you are unfamilar with the phrase "sour grapes" it comes from the fable by Aesop;
The Fox and the Grapes
One hot summer’s day a Fox was strolling through an orchard untill he happened upon a bunch of grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. “Just the things to quench my thirst,” quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: “I am sure they are sour.”

“IT IS EASY TO DESPISE WHAT YOU CANNOT GET.”
Aesop's Fables

I'm not sure if there is a similar proverb in Chinese.
Mar 19, 2011 18:56
  • BOBERT

我们应当学会识别真伪
Mar 20, 2011 00:46
  • DODGER
Bob is partly correct; I am a ten pound Pom.
But for the record I did spent a couple of dreary years in Mexico, AKA, Melbourne.
The experience left me scared for life.
I eventually saw the light, (yes, a pun) and moved to Gods’ own country, to perhaps one of the most beautiful harbour cities in the world.
Dodger.
Mar 20, 2011 10:48
  • MARRIE
Why not Chinese government consider more welfare supporting their OWN senior citizens who has only one child, especially the child is living,working or studying far away from their parents.
Mar 20, 2011 21:16
  • LOKI
I like LINGYUXISU she is very flexible. You cant see me but i am sitting to the left of you in your photo, and you are facing me somewhat!
Mar 22, 2011 03:37
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT View Post

I'll meet you at the airport in Melbourne LINGYUXISU. Bring sunglasses and suncreen...and a very large thirst.

Dodger is an escapee from England who settled for second best by living in Sydney instead of Melbourne. That's a bit like choosing to live in the polluted city of Lifen (Shanxi) or the magnificent city of Xian. Anything he says ...

It sounds that Melbourne is a great place to go. I will for sure go there someday if I've got time and enough money. But my next destinations are Hong Kong, Macau and Shanghai. I'm very excited about it. They are due on April 1st.
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Could this be true?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code