Menu
Could this be true?
Mar 22, 2011 03:47
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT View Post

If you are unfamilar with the phrase "sour grapes" it comes from the fable by Aesop;
The Fox and the Grapes
One hot summer’s day a Fox was strolling through an orchard untill he happened upon a bunch of grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. “Just the things to quench my thirst,” quoth he. Drawing back a...

I’ve read about this story before. It is quite popular in China too. And there is a Chinese word summarizing it: ‘酸葡萄心理, which means sour grape psychology. In Chinese culture, there is a person called ‘阿Q’, he is very much like the fox. He is actually a story-book character of Lu Xun.
Mar 22, 2011 03:53
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by DODGER

Bob is partly correct; I am a ten pound Pom.
But for the record I did spent a couple of dreary years in Mexico, AKA, Melbourne.
The experience left me scared for life.
I eventually saw the light, (yes, a pun) and moved to Gods’ own country, to perhaps one of the most beautiful harbour cities in the world.
Dodger.

You two both chose a nice place to live. You know what, I actually moved from Taiyuan of Shanxi, which BOBERT has mentioned to Xian with my best effeort, by attending a university and then working after the graduation. That's the best I can do by now. Maybe I will go to live in a better place someday. But by now, I'm quite satisfied with Xian.
Mar 23, 2011 08:46
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by LINGYUXISU

It sounds that Melbourne is a great place to go. I will for sure go there someday if I've got time and enough money. But my next destinations are Hong Kong, Macau and Shanghai. I'm very excited about it. They are due on April 1st.

April 1st will be “April fool” be-careful.
Mar 23, 2011 14:11
  • BOBERT
Hong Kong, Macau and Shanghai are all exciting and beautiful cities. However at the risk of sounding oversentimental, it's the people you meet when you travel that make it memorable. There is no doubt that as Dodger says Sydney is a more picturesque city than Melbourne but I always found it brash and pretentious. Melbourne on the other hand is conservative and staid. Dodger might say dull. It's just a matter of what best suits your own personality.
Mar 23, 2011 22:53
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT

April 1st will be “April fool” be-careful.

Thank you, ATTA_BUTT. My flight has been changed twice by now. I'll expect what will happen next. Hope it will not be worse.
Mar 23, 2011 23:00
  • LINGYUXISU
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT View Post

Hong Kong, Macau and Shanghai are all exciting and beautiful cities. However at the risk of sounding oversentimental, it's the people you meet when you travel that make it memorable. There is no doubt that as Dodger says Sydney is a more picturesque city than Melbourne but I always found it brash and pretentious. Melbourne on the other hand is con...

Actually, I have friends both in Hong Kong and Shanghai. They will show me around when I am there. But it will be exciting to meet some new and nice people.
Mar 23, 2011 23:39
  • BOBERT
I waited at the Melbourne airport for you LINGYUXISU. You said you would come. I waited for two days and two nights but you never came. Were you just toying with my emotions? Please tell me it isn't so.
Last edited by BOBERT: Mar 23, 2011 23:40
Mar 24, 2011 01:12
  • LINGYUXISU
OMG, you really waited that long, BOBERT? I apologize for making you do that. I thought you knew that I was kidding. I'm really really sorry. But if i will really go someday, I'll definitely let you know.
Mar 24, 2011 03:53
  • BOBERT
I am still at the airport. I will wait for you LINGYUXISU.
Mar 24, 2011 04:56
  • LINGYUXISU
Just go home, BOBERT. I won't go there presently. And there is someone waiting for you at your house~
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Could this be true?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code