Boys, how late is acceptable for you?
Apr 10, 2011 02:43
guest3022 Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 20 vote(s)
  2. 7 vote(s)
  3. 5 vote(s)
  4. 15 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
I had a quarrel with my boyfriend several days ago. What happened was that we planned to have a dinner first and then went to the cinema together. It was Saturday but he still went to work. We planned to meet at 18:30 at the restaurant. But I was late for 25 minutes.

He was very angry when I came there. The result was predictable. We quarreled and the meal was cancelled too. He complained to me that I had been late many times and he couldn’t bear it any more. I argued that I needed time to make up and choose what clothes to wear because I didn’t want to let him lose face. He said it couldn’t be the excuse for having been late many times. “Why aren’t you late on weekdays? You also need to make up and get yourself dressed up too”, he added.

I felt that he wasn’t the guy I ever knew. In the past, he never complained about this even I was late for 50 minutes once. What’s wrong?

I have a question for boys: How late is acceptable for you, 15 minutes, 20 minutes or half an hour? Or you also have the same complaint like my boyfriend but you do not want to speak it out?
Apr 10, 2011 21:27
I understand that girls need time to do some girls' stuff like mak-up. It is acceptable if she was late for 3 or 4 times. But I can not bear that she is always late for the appointments.

Both sides should respect each other. If she is late for many times, I will think that she doesn't care about me. I know some girls prefer to test her boyfriend sometimes. Letting him wait outside for long time to see if he is still patient. It's no good.
Apr 10, 2011 22:50
  • SUNNYDAY
I'm a girl and I don't like waiting for someone either. But sometimes, I have to. So I usually bring my Mp5 with me, just to kill time while waiting.
Apr 11, 2011 04:51
GUEST8230 GUEST3022,

I think that you should try it several times to wait for your boyfriend. Then you will know how it feels. Do not take it for granted that boys must wait for girls on any occasion.
Apr 11, 2011 21:52
  • MARRYMAX
15 minutes is enough. Once I waited my girlfriend at the bus stop for half an hour in the winter. It was very cold. When she got off the bus and made an apology to me. I didn't blame her because it was not her fault. It was the traffic jam.

GUEST3022, did you apologize to your boyfriend?
Apr 16, 2011 21:05
  • LARRYBOY
It would be best to be ready on time since the other party is paying for the dinner. I am sure you are not late for work because of makeup. You are getting paid to be there on time as you are having your night paid for by your friend. Except for a medical emergency or traffic problems, there really is no excuse. Plan ahead!! Best Larry
Apr 16, 2011 22:38
GUEST6245 I have to say that I hate being late on any occasion. Your boyfriend arranged everything and told you when to get there. You agreed and made a promise. Just keep your promise. Do not let him down.

Apr 17, 2011 03:23
  • BOLT

Its about communication, Your Man may have simply been worried about you a simple phone call our text can solve this easy and not have a fight. Its impossible to always be on time but its not good if you dont try our are always late,an occasional mistake is surely okay but stay in touch and everything solved.
Cheers Andrew
Apr 17, 2011 03:42
GUEST3022 Thank you all. I realized that I was wrong and shouldn't quarrel with him. I made an apology to him and promised that I would keep time from then on in case of some objective reasons like traffic jam. Now we are ok.

Bolt, your advice is valuable. I didn't call him because I was afraid that he might scold me. Indeed, it was my fault.

Marrymax, you were so kind. It is so lucky for her to have you as her boyfriend.
Apr 17, 2011 10:29
  • ATTA_BUTT
yes! must come on time.
Apr 17, 2011 22:15
  • BBQQ
This poll is very funny. It reminded me of my dormmate in college. She was late several times to test her boyfriend’s patience. Her boyfriend once waited her for around 40 minutes near our residence. We saw him and told her to go downstairs quickly. But she just said that she did it on purpose. She wanted to test whether her boyfriend loved her. If he loved her, he would be willing to wait for her. Strange!

Two month later, her boyfriend left her. Why? The boy just said that he couldn’t be with a girl who was never punctual.
Page 1 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Boys, how late is acceptable for you?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code