Menu
How does kangaroo meat taste?
Apr 17, 2011 01:21
  • XIAOXIAO
Lily, my colleage classmate, went to the Australia last month. She brought some small gifts to me. And she also shared her exciting travel experiences.

She told me that she tasted kangaroo meat when she was in Australia. I was a bit surprised. She said that it was a bit sour and tasted like beef. Salt, pepper, lemon and red pepper are needed when enjoy kangaroo meat.

Did you eat kangaroo meat before?

May 1, 2012 00:50
GUESTSEAN I ate it just in sausage form, it was very gamie at first, but the aftertaste was atrocious! Very acidic to my levels of taste, its a meat which should definetly be enjoyed with a side dish!
May 8, 2012 04:17
  • DAVEC
Many years ago Tesco in UK used to sell the meat and I tried it. To be honest I dont remember it being all that special so a bit like beef steaks really.
May 8, 2012 21:06
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

Many years ago Tesco in UK used to sell the meat and I tried it. To be honest I dont remember it being all that special so a bit like beef steaks really.

Dave, how did you cook it? Ate it like you ate beef steak?
May 27, 2012 05:00
  • DAVEC
yeah, just fry it for a minute or two on each side
May 27, 2012 11:28
  • WANHU
Maybe just like the meat of the camel?
Wan
May 27, 2012 23:17
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVEC

yeah, just fry it for a minute or two on each side

Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Maybe just like the meat of the camel?
Wan

It's difficult for me to imagine how it tastes.
May 28, 2012 11:18
  • WANHU
A friend told me, camel meet you can't fry very long or it will harden and becomes elastic. Not sure how far it's true. Like the what Davec did for kangaroo meat. To me, kangaroo and buffalo almost the same. I prefer venison.
Wan
May 29, 2012 02:06
Haha, I am not very fond of venison. Last time, I went to Hefei. My friend invited me to taste deer meat. He asked how it tasted. I lied to him that it tasted very well. Actually, I felt it tasted like the pork.

PS: I didn't eat wild deer meat. It was raised on farm and offered as high-end dishes on table.
May 29, 2012 04:56
  • WANHU
Wild deer has sweeter taste but not as tender as farm deer where the latter has a softer texture. Now I don't eat meat anymore except lamb, and even that maybe quarterly dinner with some foreign friends.
Wan
May 30, 2012 01:49
Wan, you knows much about meat. I was lucky that my nose didn't bleed after I ate deer meat.
Page 1 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How does kangaroo meat taste?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code