Menu
How does kangaroo meat taste?
Jun 10, 2012 02:11
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU View Post

Maybe you add with other ingredients.
Wan

I even tried to add some boiling water. But it didn't work. The beef still tasted bitter.
Jun 10, 2012 12:56
  • WANHU
I have boiled salt solution before, 10kg of salt to 10 litres of water, after the water was cooled I put duck eggs inside the saline solution. It didn't taste bitter at all but salty. Leave the eggs for six days, and you will have not so salty duck eggs. Boiled the eggs for one hour, after they have cooled down, keep them in the fridge.

Wan
Jun 10, 2012 21:58
Wan,

You made salty duck eggs. How did it taste? I remembered that I put some other kinds of seasonings like Chinese prickly ash seeds, shallot sections and star anise seeds. They might have reacted with salt and then produced something bitter.
Jun 11, 2012 10:09
  • WANHU
Star anise won't make your soup bitter, probably other seasoning(s). Lime juice may it bitter if you boil over the fire. Maybe next time for your soup, you can add cinnamon bark, clover leaf and cardamom.
Wan
Jun 11, 2012 21:55
Wan,

Star anise might react with other seasonings. I didn't add lime juice. Next time, I might try to cook beef soup with tomatoes. Someone said it tasted very good.
Jun 12, 2012 03:48
  • WANHU
For my soup, usually I would add cinnamon, clover, ginger, star anise and cardamom. Of course, Chinese celery and spring onion.
Wan
Jun 20, 2012 22:24
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

For my soup, usually I would add cinnamon, clover, ginger, star anise and cardamom. Of course, Chinese celery and spring onion.
Wan

You know much about Chinese cooking. Do you cook soup very often? Recently, I cooked pork rib soup, beef soup and crucian carp soup. Except the beef soup, they tasted well.
Jun 21, 2012 03:43
  • WANHU
Different technique ends with different taste, dear Lonely. For example, when you cook Thai sour soup, it is advisable to put kaffir lime leaf before putting the onion. It does taste different if we put onion before kaffir lime leaf.
Wan
Jun 24, 2012 03:07
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Different technique ends with different taste, dear Lonely. For example, when you cook Thai sour soup, it is advisable to put kaffir lime leaf before putting the onion. It does taste different if we put onion before kaffir lime leaf.
Wan

OK. I think that I need time to figure out how to cook a delicious soup. Practice makes perfect.
Jun 24, 2012 22:17
  • WANHU
Not sure if kaffir lemon leaf is available in China.
Wan
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: How does kangaroo meat taste?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code