Menu
Will you help the elderly after you were sued wrongly and ordered to pay 100000 rmb by the court?
Sep 6, 2011 02:41
  • BBQQ
Sorry to disappoint you. An 88 years old man fell on the street in Wuhan and finally died in an hour because no one gave his hands to raise him up. You know, his home is just around 100 meters from the scene of the accident. The police station was about 150 meters.

Someone called the police and the ambulance but the police just collected the evidence at the scene when they arrived. When the ambulance came, the old man was sent to the hospital but he eventually died.

When interviewed, some witnesses once tried to help the old man but was stopped because other people reminded him that there was no camera.

On August 28, a man who rode his electronic bike helped an old woman who fell on the ground. But the old woman set him up and claimed that it was he who hit her. The man finally said that he was willing to give her 200 yuan, hoping that she could let him go. A witness even borrowed him 80 yuan because the good man didn’t have 200 yuan on his body. Suddenly, several witnesses stopped them and said “Don’t give her money. We all witness that you just helped her stand up. You didn’t hit her. If she sued you, we all will be your witness.” Finally, the man left and didn’t give his money to the old woman.

I heard that there are some regulations in foreign countries which protect kind-hearted people. In Singapore, the person who was helped by others once was found out to set up the one who helped him are required to come to the helper’s home to apologize. He/she will also fined a lot of money. What’s worse, he/she might be accused of malicious slender.

A university in Southern China builds a special risk fund, aiming to protect those who helped the old people but was set up by them. The university offer lawyers to help them for free. If they lose in lawsuit, the university will pay the compensation to the old people instead of the helper.

Why can’t China establish the law to protect those kind-hearted people?
Sep 6, 2011 06:35
  • ATTA_BUTT
Good writing and good thinking, we should stress our Govt. in our countries for betterment of people's life and for good heart people and willing to do for well fair of general people.
Sep 6, 2011 06:37
  • ATTA_BUTT
Good writing and good thinking, we should stress our Govt. in our countries for betterment of people's life and for good heart people and willing to do for well fair of general people.
Sep 6, 2011 08:31
GUEST83162 BBQQ,

Here in the USA people who help other people in distress are automatically covered and protected form any lawsuit by the "Good Samaritan Law". And people do help others in accidents. No cameras or witnesses needed.

China needs a law like this to stop the abuse of good people trying to help the injured.
Sep 6, 2011 20:50
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST83162 View Post

BBQQ,

Here in the USA people who help other people in distress are automatically covered and protected form any lawsuit by the "Good Samaritan Law". And people do help others in accidents. No cameras or witnesses needed.

China needs a law like this to stop the abuse of good people trying to help the injured...

That's what I suggested. After some many cases, the nation needs to think about establishing a law now.
Sep 9, 2011 02:25
  • MARRYMAX
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ

That's what I suggested. After some many cases, the nation needs to think about establishing a law now.

Unfortunately, the legislatures haven't realized this. You know what I read today? An 80 years old woman fell on the ground and no one went to her and raised her up even though she promised that she wouldn't set anyone up. So sad.
Sep 9, 2011 11:28
  • ATTA_BUTT
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARRYMAX

Unfortunately, the legislatures haven't realized this. You know what I read today? An 80 years old woman fell on the ground and no one went to her and raised her up even though she promised that she wouldn't set anyone up. So sad.

Is it, situation is so worse, it was not in my practice, so I couldn't understand why old people does behaviour like that? do you think it should set as a national issue???
Sep 9, 2011 21:19
  • XIAOXIAO
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT

Is it, situation is so worse, it was not in my practice, so I couldn't understand why old people does behaviour like that? do you think it should set as a national issue???

It's been a national issue now. The Ministry of Health issues a guide for helping fallen old people. Maybe we should learn it carefully.
Sep 11, 2011 03:26
  • KEVIN0518
Quote:

Originally Posted by XIAOXIAO

It's been a national issue now. The Ministry of Health issues a guide for helping fallen old people. Maybe we should learn it carefully.

Useless. If there is no guarantee for the helpers' interest, no one will give their hands to the fallen elderly.
Page 3 of 3    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you help the elderly after you were sued wrongly and ordered to pay 100000 rmb by the court?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code