Aug 22, 2011 03:25
  • RAINDROP
Voting without time limit
Multiple Vote
  1. 1 vote(s)
  2. 7 vote(s)
  3. 6 vote(s)
  4. 1 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
I prefer to have lighter food, less salt, vinegar and chili because I believe that lighter food is good for my health. At least, I needn’t suffer from stomachache (many people who prefer to eat spicy food have stomach problems).

The sweet things like desserts are also acceptable. But I won’t eat too much dessert because it increases my weight and may cause heart problems.

What flavors do you like most?

Aug 22, 2011 07:53
  • ANORA
I like spicy items in food.
Like pizza, Fries etc..
Aug 22, 2011 20:45
  • CHERRY07
Sweet things like desserts, ice-cream and cakes are my favorites. Spicy food makes my stomach ache. Too much salt may cause hypertension.
Aug 22, 2011 21:23
  • LINGYUXISU
I like sweet food. But most time, I eat salty food. Eating habit of the northern Chinese:)
Aug 24, 2011 01:21
  • LAUGH
Quote:

Originally Posted by LINGYUXISU

I like sweet food. But most time, I eat salty food. Eating habit of the northern Chinese:)

What about Shanxi people? I have been told that the Shanxi vinegar is very famous and popular in China and there are lots of vinegar factories in Shanxi.
Sep 16, 2011 00:19
  • PEGASUS
I really like spicy foods. Ever since I discovered prickly ash seeds I want to make everything numbing hot/málà, even desserts sometimes.
Sep 16, 2011 02:47
  • XIAOXIAO
Mix prickly ash seeds with desserts? How does it taste? Well, most Chinese people just use it to flavor the dishes. They don't eat the prickly ash seeds. At least, I don't eat them.
Sep 20, 2011 17:06
  • PEGASUS
I toast the prickly ash seeds over a fire in a frying pan (no oil) and grind them into a powder. Then I sprinkle that powder on almost everything. It is a surprising and complex addition.

I have only added it to a dessert once when, for breakfast, I made something like a sweet soup with orange peel.
Sep 20, 2011 20:15
  • XIAOXIAO
"I toast the prickly ash seeds over a fire in a frying pan (no oil) and grind them into a powder. Then I sprinkle that powder on almost everything. It is a surprising and complex addition."

You do it on your own? Surprising! Actually, we had a prickly ash tree. I picked up the prickly ashes several times. The smell is very strong and you can not get rid of it in several days. My grandpa once told me to wear a hat when picking the prickly ashes. He said that my hair might lose if I didn't. I guess that it is because of its strong odor.

We didn't toast the prickly ash seeds. We just put them under the sun and make them dry. And we don't have the machine to grind the pricly ash seeds. Instead, wo go to the market and find the seller to grind for us. Of course you have to give him some money.

Sep 20, 2011 20:18
  • XIAOXIAO
"I have only added it to a dessert once when, for breakfast, I made something like a sweet soup with orange peel."

Congratulations! You've found a new way to use it. Honestly, I just use it when making dishes.

How did the sweet soup taste after you put some prickly ash seeds powder?
Sep 27, 2011 18:21
  • PEGASUS
I try to grind all of the spices I use in the kitchen. (My collection grows every time I discover a new specialty grocery store, I think.) Most of the time I use an electric coffee bean grinder that I never use for coffee. It is fun to use the granite mortar and pestle sometimes, though.

Amazing! I wish prickly ash trees grew nearby.

Hmm . . . I think the pepper made the soup seem like a thin lemon-citrus pudding with hints of mint and pine.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What flavors do you like most?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code