Menu
Run or not to run?
Sep 2, 2011 21:04
  • LAUGH
Thank you, Larry. I feel regretted for what I had done when I was young.
Sep 2, 2011 21:40
  • LAUGH
Larry, the result of the investigation has been published.

The air cleaner in the surgery room was on fire. A nurse noticed and tried to extinguish the fire but she couldn’t stop the fire. So she went to the second floor to make a phone call. An anesthesiologist left the surgery room and called his colleagues to dial 119. The other two doctors still tried to stitch the cuts. But the light was off at that moment and they couldn’t move the operation table. So they went out to ask help.

The cause of the fire was the air cleaner malfunction. The vice hospital director was relieved of his post. Meanwhile, the hospital director was warned.

So the nurses and doctors tried to save the patient but failed. They did what they should do.
Sep 3, 2011 06:54
  • LARRYBOY
[quote=Laugh] So the nurses and doctors tried to save the patient but failed. They did what they should do. [quote]
Thanks for posting this Laugh and that has been my premise of this conversation. I just wanted to see if someone "Tried" and now that it has been published I am happy to see that someone tried,,but I am saddened that someone lost their life. Best regards to you Larry
Sep 5, 2011 21:50
  • LAUGH
[quote=LARRYBOY,440919][quote=Laugh] So the nurses and doctors tried to save the patient but failed. They did what they should do.
Quote:

Thanks for posting this Laugh and that has been my premise of this conversation. I just wanted to see if someone "Tried" and now that it has been published I am happy to see that someone tried,,but I am saddened that so...

You are welcome, Larry. By the way, the vice president of the hospital who is in charge of the fire safety was removed from his post. Do you think it is necessary?
Sep 6, 2011 18:49
  • LARRYBOY
Good question ..Laugh and a hard one to answer! IMO "In My Opinion" I would have to say,, depending upon what kind of Fire evacutaion plan the hospital has and was it practiced on off days as a test drill,, i think maybe the patient might of had a chance of survival. Most schools that i know of practice these drills at least once a week, to establish some kind of order if there was a real situation at hand.
So now my answer would be, if there was no type of emergency evacuation plan in place OR practiced then i would have to agree with the hospital management for letting the Vice president be removed from his post or a very harsh punishment. Time off from work for a year and no pay would give him something to think about,, if he was serious about his position. The Vice president was also appointed as safety coordinator and this life or death post should not be taken lightly.
Most health care businesses and institutions have a "O" tolerance for life or death mistakes,, and if one chooses a career and agrees to these conditions, then that person must live with the decision of the company or insitution, since they waived their right to secure employment.
Legally some of these companies reserve the right to terminate your employment without notice, because of the terms and conditions you agreed to when accepting the employment. Because there was an agreement, then it is legally binding..............Cheat on your husband or wife,,dont expect alot of love,hugs and kisses,,,trust will need time to rebuild. I can see that the Vice president when applying for his next job may will be overlooked and given to the next person because of what has happened.
Sep 6, 2011 21:49
  • LAUGH
Larry, very reasonable and logical argument. But it may not be applied in China sometimes. When something bad happens, there must be someone who has to take the responsibility. Then groundside personnel will stand out and take the responsibility even it is not their fault.

I don't know whether it is the vice president's fault that caused this tragedy. But he is the leader who is in charge of the fire safety of the hospital.
Sep 10, 2011 03:41
  • BBQQ
The doctors at least tried to save the patient's life. Look! A nurse did nothing when she saw a patient who hung himself in the hospital. She saw it two times but did't do anything. What do you think of her?
Sep 11, 2011 03:11
GUEST7387 BBQQ, the nurse should be hung too.
Sep 28, 2011 04:04
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST7387

BBQQ, the nurse should be hung too.

She didn't kill that patient. The hospital should have sacked her immediately.
Sep 29, 2011 21:36
Quote:

Originally Posted by SUNNYDREAM

She didn't kill that patient. The hospital should have sacked her immediately.

Agreed! I think it is necessary to build a blacklist for those disgusting doctors and nurses. Their licenses should be revoked and no hospital will recruit them.
Page 2 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Run or not to run?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code