Menu
cheating in Shanghai
Nov 13, 2012 04:03
  • WANHU
Salaries in Malaysia is almost controlled by the government, and indeed the salary is small but it compensates with the price of goods, when compared to China with higher salary but goods are exorbitantly high. Only CEOs enjoy high salary. Minimum income of USD1500 belongs to middle management level in government sector, while new graduate will get only around USD600 per month.

Doing part time can have good income sometimes, depends on the project. Professional cataloguer for example, can get USD4 per book which I think is quite lucrative.

Wan
Jan 8, 2013 08:47
GUEST13768 I also got cheated the same way at a massage place in Ninjang Road, Shanghai.
They did transaction of 25000 RMB using my credit card.
I didn't do my normal signature on the transaction slip and just wrote my first name.
Please guide if anything can be done.
Apr 18, 2013 16:08
GUEST42229
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST13768

I also got cheated the same way at a massage place in Ninjang Road, Shanghai.
They did transaction of 25000 RMB using my credit card.
I didn't do my normal signature on the transaction slip and just wrote my first name.
Please guide if anything can be done.

if you typed your pin into terminal then you are screwed, nothing can be done. You could go to the police but then you don't want to tell them you fu.. that girl cos it's illegal crime and you just get in trouble with police. You better take it as a life learning curve, spread the amount over 10 years and then it will make you think you only have to small amount every month for your naive stupidity.
Dec 25, 2013 09:07
GUEST91169 Hi Today me cheated with same situation I was unaware about this let me know guys how to get my money back they used my credit card....
I don't know how to approach police men and I totally frustated with this kind of treatment in shanghai ......I feel wrost maintainmance by policemen .... I blocked by card and reported as lost So Shall I get this money back or not let me know guys
Mar 5, 2014 21:01
GUEST63357 Why is Wan even on this site? Sorry, but you're sounding like the guy who scammed me who said, now you learned your lesson as though extortion was perfectly proper. btw, I too called the cc company and had charges removed. Through reading these, I am concluding that standing your ground it a good alternative should you not have the out of calling the cc company.
Dec 9, 2014 05:24
GUEST62105 Got scammed just last weekend. Can't believe how stupid I am to go into the place....after massage 4 guys come into the room, demand 40000RMB. I resist, tell them I have nothing...they then start to get physical, pin me to the ground and take my wallet. Eventually calms down, force me to use 2 credit cards for 10000RMB each so I'm out USD4000!!! I was glad to get out if there ..

Bad experience, my fault but one thing for sure it won't happen again, no matter what country. One thing about Shanghai though, it felt like the majority just want to rip you off... Every 20m someone is offering you a "nice shanghai lady" and I was stupid enough to fall for it.
Mar 14, 2015 22:24
  • DEURDEUR
I have cheated too. These places are no name at the gate. he came inside the room with 2 person and I push them the open the door. But, the door was locked and inside was 40 degrees. And, suddenly, 4 more jumped inside the room. We were 6 in small room with 7 person. You can not do anything. They get my wallet and get 200 usd. And, give the rest of the 500 usd bac and didnt touch the credit card as well. Seems like im lucky.
Oct 9, 2016 01:36
GUEST13340 Same thing happen to me.Do you have files FIR in police to get your money back from credit card company?
Jul 5, 2017 12:47
GUEST12138 Have you canceled the transaction and no problem happens afterwards? I mean, they have your name and some information, they can found you and try to threat... 5 years later, and new victmis... and without doing anything, just entered to know the place, but there was too late to scape.
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: cheating in Shanghai
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code