Menu
What if you meet a bear in wild?
Sep 6, 2011 23:01
guest1221 It is very dangerous to encounter a bear in wild. To save your life, I have heard that playing dead is very useful because the bear doesn’t eat dead animals. Is it true?

Also there is a kind of bear bell which are brought by many people who go hiking in mountain areas. When the bear hears the sound of this bell, it will run away.

Sep 9, 2011 02:09
  • MARRYMAX
I would rather bring a bear bell than play dead when I see a bear. A hungry bear will eat anything to feed itself.
Sep 10, 2011 03:31
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by MARRYMAX

I would rather bring a bear bell than play dead when I see a bear. A hungry bear will eat anything to feed itself.

Yes, a Russian girl and her step father were eaten up by a bear. She called her mother when she was being eaten by the bear. When her mom came, it was too late.

People should learn some knowledge before going out to the wild areas. Try to avoid encountering the bear instead of figuring out ways to escape when you see him.
Sep 17, 2011 13:30
  • CARLOS
If human was included into the menu of bears, someone would be eaten by a bear every day.

It is almost impossible to meet a bear, they hear and smell human from a long distance and they go away. Sometimes, not even every year, someone gets killed by a bear. If I recall correct, here in Finland bear has killed only one person, it was before y2k, I think. He was jogging in the woods and run between a mother bear and its puppies, so mother bear hit him once cutting his carotid artery.

I wander in the woods every autumn collecting mushrooms and berries. Never have I seen there a moose, a bear or even a wolf not to talk about lynx and believe or not, they truly are there. Once have I seen a steamy dropping of a bear.

Just make sure you do not move too quietly and quickly and the only beast you will ever see is a mosquito.

Carlos
Sep 20, 2011 22:01
GUEST7785 Yes, the bears are scared away by humans. You won't meet a bear unless you walk too far inside the forest.

Don't get panic, stay there and do not move.
Sep 22, 2011 07:10
  • ANUBIS
most bear attacks are caused when you surprise the bear, hence walking with a bear bell or singing /making noise when hiking to alert the bear; they will probably steer clear of you; but if you surprise a bear...especially one with cubs...that's when they will attack...most bear attacks are a bluff and they will break off...best thing to do is DO NOT RUN! face the bear and slowly walk away avoiding sudden movements. if attacked by a grizzly bear/brown bear you are supposed to play dead with your hands clasped behind your neck...a smaller black bear look as big as you can..grab a branch to appear taller and it will probably back off...bear spray may come in handy also
Sep 22, 2011 07:30
GUEST76218 I was with an old friend when we encountered a ferocious bear on day. My friend looked at me and said "Can you outrun the bear" I replied, "I dont need to outrun the bear the bear, I only need to outrun you" I miss him a lot.
Sep 22, 2011 20:53
  • CHERRY07
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST76218 View Post

I was with an old friend when we encountered a ferocious bear on day. My friend looked at me and said "Can you outrun the bear" I replied, "I dont need to outrun the bear the bear, I only need to outrun you" I miss him a lot.

It's just a joke, isn't it?
Sep 23, 2011 03:26
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST76218

I was with an old friend when we encountered a ferocious bear on day. My friend looked at me and said "Can you outrun the bear" I replied, "I dont need to outrun the bear the bear, I only need to outrun you" I miss him a lot.

Funny. Someone said "Better learn how to climb the tree. The bear can't do anything about you when you are on the tree. "

Did someone try it?
Sep 28, 2011 03:56
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ

Funny. Someone said "Better learn how to climb the tree. The bear can't do anything about you when you are on the tree. "

Did someone try it?

Make sure that you are lucky to climb a strong and tall tree.
Sep 29, 2011 21:33
Bring an anaesthetic rifle. It is what you have to do. You can avoid bear attack and needn't worry about being punished for killing a bear.
Page 1 of 2    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What if you meet a bear in wild?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code