Menu
Chinese-Japanese relationship
Jun 6, 2005 18:48
  • RAYCHEN
Hello.From Denmark.
Dont hate the Japanese People for what they have done in the past. I live i Denmark, neer Germany, who has kill million of people in the 2 woldwar. But the peopl who has done it is dying. The new generation cant make it up. They are like yoruself. In this wold, are hate eayser than love to other people. Asia have the oldest culture, the most beautyful females in the wold, and has so many good an beautyful things. Together you will stand more secure and strong. As long, as the Chinese people not has the same freedom, as the most of the wold, so try to make that up. Japan have had 2 atomic bombs, and they still stands on too legs. I Married with a Chinese wife, and we love all Asian people.. Its very easy.. I havent been i China, or Japan, but i Love this people as my own. Japanese freinds is deficult to have. They are very shy. Love alle people in the wold, Special Asia.
Jun 6, 2005 20:23
  • DIEGO
Chinese people has all the rights to ask for apologize from Japan...

Almost 100% of italian people think this is the way that should be follow in order to maintain good relationship in that area!

Jun 7, 2005 00:38
  • GAZ07
Finally an interesting post dons the forum.

To answer the original post, yes i have experienced hatred for Japanese on 3 occasions during my time in China. My feeling is it definately exists but isn't generally talked about.

Secondly, i visited the Nanjing memorial and left feeling physically sick - and i'm not Chinese. My heart truely pours out to the victims and the families who suffered at the hands of evil.

But it is important to remember that the everyday Japanese person wasn't the evil behind the war crimes. Most Japanese civilians didn't even realize what was happening to their brothers and sisters across the sea.

That's a possible reason why Japan's politicians cannot accept their past. They, of course, weren't exposed to what their countries powers were doing. Although, i just think it reflects on politicians as a whole (i don't like them). It is important to remember that the president of Japan has apologised for Japans past. But can only do so personally, without the backing of Japanese politicians.

Without an official apology, i don't think relations between China and Japan will ever heal. And even if/when there is one, it will only be the beginning of healing, if not too late altogether (i.e. when China is too powerful).

On the plus side, i agree with Peppermint, all of us wish these tragedies didn't happen, but they have. The ONLY way to move forward is to learn from our past heartache and ensure it doesn't happen in the future. Which should encourage some of you to think twice before jumping on the Anti-Bush bandwagon...
Jun 7, 2005 00:55
  • GAZ07
A couple of other things....

To state that "euro people" hasn't experienced this type of hurting is ridiculous. 6 MILLION jews were executed. Not to mention soldiers lives lost, in a SECOND World War in Europe. And yes, we look at a strong Japanese economy, because their economics have been much better than China's in past years. Fact.

And regarding Japanese school books. I agree with you, we should all be taught the horrors of history to prevent it in the future. But it is a Japanese right to teach their children what they like. Just as it is Chinas right to block out "foreign pollution" on the CNN news on television.

And for the guy who missed out on the Nanjing Memorial - serves him right for being one of those annoying sheep travellers being herded about throughout China.
Jun 7, 2005 01:56
  • ELCABRON
Ahhhh, some more posts on this topic. Seems to become an evergreen - very good.

Thanks for all your thoughts so far.

I just raised my eyebrows when I read that it doesnt matter what you teach your children. If that means disguising or even denying historical facts would be right, Im afraid you are wrong.

And surpressing news, also about your own country, for example when a disease breaks out and you dont warn your own people until it is impossible to hide anymore, is pretty careless.

This is not about East vs West, China vs Japan, USA vs the rest of the world....I think there are some ethical standpoints all people on this planet have in common. And those ideas should not be kicked by feet (or even flushed down the toilet;-)

Jun 7, 2005 16:09
  • GAZ07
I'm in total agreement with your comments ELCABRON, i believe no facts about history should be disguised - for our own good.

I'd just like to make my point more clear...

China, as a nation, cannot condemn Japan for disguising facts when itself does the same thing. That's hypocricy. But anyone, as a human being, could and should critisize disguising of facts. Agreed =)

!WORLD PEACE!
Jun 7, 2005 16:30
  • LOVEISVERB
Oh!
Workout mania, are you happy now? I know what people would say before I open it, and I opened it just to prove. There was nothing new.

Hey, how about talking something on the upcoming exchange rate landsliding?

Jun 7, 2005 16:54
  • ELCABRON
Oh, wise foreseeing lowaisverb,

this seems to be a topic you dont like;-) Well than dont answer it.
But please dont mix up the topics. For exchange rate topics open up a new post - Im sure Ill tell you about my "ideas"....

But if you are that smart and know everything in advance(like you said), I guess you already know my answer...all answers....so why should anybody answer anymore??? You could talk to yourself....

To GAZ07,

you are totally right.
Maybe someone has to do the first step.....but some people(governments) are too proud to do that
Jun 7, 2005 17:29
  • LOVEISVERB
Hey, I could foresee because we Chinese have faced that question for over 50 years, over 99% Chinese hate Japan and Japanese, that's evident!
Ask how many peoples' grandfathers or great grandfathers died during the war? I am not that smart, no. We grow up in the atmosphere of more or less hatred, though probably we should focus more on develop our own economy.

What I meant was you do not have to ask the question at the first place, but I personaly forgive you because you are not Chinese and you might be curious.

Should I say sorry, but I am really like to hear your point of view on the exchange rate. :)

Jun 7, 2005 17:46
  • ELCABRON
1. for other topics please opne up a new post. Everything else would be spam!

2. I know the historical background of China quite well. Do you know the facts of WWI and WWII in Europe?
(this time I already know your answer;-)
Because if you would know that, you wouldnt talk such a nonesense.

The thing is the former enemies in Europe found a way together, they live in friendship not only next to each other but with each other.
So blocking off everything and keeping a narrowminded view on mistakes in the past (even crimes like massmurder...) is no solution.
How can you hate a country?????
How can you hate people (a whole nation)????
Have you ever been there or talked to Japanese youth????

And thats your problem you only focus on developing economy but what about developing friendship and understanding????
It is not all about money and economy;-)))

But thanks for forgiving me, I feel much better now;-)
Page 2 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese-Japanese relationship
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code