Menu
Chinese-Japanese relationship
Nov 16, 2005 08:41
  • PINETREE
It is so ironical that a country that attacked her neighbours just about 60 years ago has the cheek to apply for a seat on the UN Security Council.
Japan has always wanted to subdue China as China reminds Japan of her origin which she feels so inferior about. She needs to prove to herself & the world that she is not that inferior after all.
Recently with encouragement by the USA, Japan is again raring her militant head like a viper. With her current leadership, they continue to allege that China is the potential danger to world peace. They continue to look down on China & try to slow down the progress of China. I hope that China would deal with Japan in a more firm and tough manner - like the Koreans.
When dealing with animals, reasoning won't work.
Nov 16, 2005 09:03
  • CALIFORNIA
I was boring about the diplomatic language appropriate to occasion when we have problems with Japan!It is not useful......
So I don't care about the political events now,even I think China and Japan will not friends in my life!

Nov 16, 2005 18:57
  • MAY001
The spokesman said Hu Jintao will not meet Japanese Prime Minister during the APEC meeting in Seoul.
Nov 16, 2005 20:09
  • CALIFORNIA
Yes,May001,I think Chairman Hu has no necessity to meet him!And S.Korean President has no way to avoid him,because S.K is amphitryon!If S.K is not the amphitryon,I don't think President Lu wants to meet him!

Nov 16, 2005 20:57
  • SNOWBIRD
Your post only bring back all the hatred. What has been done cannot be undone.

The important thing is that history must never be allowed to be repeated. Young Chinese should not allow their sentiments to be swayed by what has happened in the past. That is history! And let history remain in the books.

Move forward!! And leave the politics to the politicians.

Nov 17, 2005 03:39
  • PINETREE
They say history repeats itself. To stop bad history from repeating, one must know history and realise his/her mistakes.
To forget about history is to take the easy route out and worry not the future but just live the present - happy go lucky attitude !
How you would like someone closed to you to be raped, tortured & murdered and the criminal gets away with it unpunished ? And these very same criminals may possibly return to repeat these atrocities esp when they are not repentant and refused to admit their mistakes.
Does your country not punish criminals ? What are laws for ?
Nov 17, 2005 10:17
  • ELCABRON
Hard words, hard words....

"Japan is again raring her militant head like a viper" - sorry, I dont see anything militant in Japan. They dont build up any big army. And even during the first UN-backed Gulfwar, Japan prefered to pay money instead of sending soldiers.

(Japan)"try to slow down the progress of China"
- well, Japan is one of Chinas biggest partner for direct investment. Building factories and skyscrapers is the opposite of "slowing down the progress".

(Japan)"apply for a seat on the UN Security Council" So does Germany after WWI and WWII. But actually it would be good to see some more nations with veto rights in the council to avoid an US ruled "club". Small nations just get bought by money.....

"I hope that China would deal with Japan in a more firm and tough manner - like the Koreans"
Do you mean South Korea or the crazy, rocket-shooting-over-Japan North Korean dictator? ;-)
Nov 17, 2005 17:15
  • SNOWBIRD
Pinetree - In war there is NO LAW. The law of the jungle applies. I'm sure you remember The Iraq War.
Nov 17, 2005 19:07
  • MAY001
sorry, ELCABRON. I can't agree with ur words
Quote:
"Japan is again raring her militant head like a viper - sorry, I dont see anything militant in Japan. They dont build up any big army. And even during the first UN-backed Gulfwar, Japan prefered to pay money instead of sending soldiers."

And as far as I remember, Japan did send soilders during the Iraq War. But they don't call their army a "army", they call it Self-Defence Force. In fact, Self-Defence Force is already a 'big army'!! Think about the high military expenditure Japan holds!

Nov 17, 2005 20:14
  • PINETREE
Snowbird - the Iraq War was not a war. It was infact an outright attack by the USA/allies. In a war there must be 2 parties ready to fight it out. Not this case.
There are laws to war but most countries esp the big powers don't follow them. And after all who are going to ensure that laws are followed - the UN ? It has become a game of the powerful.
The USA/Britain are guilty of the same atrocities as Japan did 60 yrs earlier - that's 1 of the reasons they don't criticise each other.
Some of these big powers esp USA love to play with words - "attack" being labelled as "war" ; "army" being labelled as "self-defence" force, etc,etc - all politics at play.
Let's not be too naive - the world is much more complicated that they appear to be and we are being told !!
To take it a step further - take a good look at Koizumi's face; also that of the former President of Taiwan - don't they look militant ? Hahaha !!
Page 5 of 12    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Chinese-Japanese relationship
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code