Menu
2 yr old toddler run over in China
Oct 22, 2011 03:09
  • KEVIN0518
Don't only blame the 18 passers-by. The little girl's parents are also responsible for her death. How could they let her play alone?
Oct 22, 2011 08:09
  • LARRYBOY
I just watched the video of this toddler being run over and it is an image that I will remember as long as i live. The passers by are guilty and their hands are stained with that little girls blood. God have mercy on the ignorant!!
Oct 22, 2011 10:15
GUEST56126 Maybe some good will come out of this tragedy, and new "good samaritan" laws will go into effect, where those who help strangers in time of distress, cannot be sued.

Regarding the donations, I'm on BBQQ's side.
Oct 22, 2011 14:28
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQQ View Post

Bobert, I am not trying you argue with you on this tragedy. Now I am eager to know your point. Donating money to the girl is not a kind or "donatiing money to the one who are in trouble or in need of help" is not kind.

When the girl was sent to the hospital, the doctors said that the girl was brain dead b...

Donating to the parents of a brain dead child is not kind. The child was obviously going to die quite soon after suffering such horrific injuries. Money would not prevent that death nor alleviate any suffering. Gifts of money in such circumstances display a total lack empathy to say the least.

Letters of sympathy or messages of condolence would be well received in the west, but not money. Gifts of money would be interpreted as others attempting to put a value on a lost childs life. There can be no "compensation" for such a loss.

Would you appreciate a gift of money if your loved one was killed? I most certainly would not. Perhaps it's just a clash of cultures.
Oct 22, 2011 16:42
  • BOBERT
With all it's problems. With all it's flaws. I could not imagine a similar tragedy, with a similar set of dispassionate denizens, occurring in a western society.
Oct 22, 2011 22:04
GUEST56126
Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBERT

With all it's problems. With all it's flaws. I could not imagine a similar tragedy, with a similar set of dispassionate denizens, occurring in a western society.

One: don't be so sure.
Two: we have good samaritan laws, giving folks the green light to help those in distress without being sued. China doesn't.
Oct 23, 2011 00:05
  • BOBERT
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST56126

One: don't be so sure.
Two: we have good samaritan laws, giving folks the green light to help those in distress without being sued. China doesn't.

One: I am ABSOLUTELY sure!
Two: The lack of a Good Samaritan law in China is an excuse, not an explanation. The west has not always had such laws but this type of tragedy by mass neglect has not occurred to my knowledge. The lack of protection for the passionate says a lot about the value China places on it's citizens versus the protection of wealth.
Oct 23, 2011 06:20
  • LARRYBOY
Your right Bobert, not to my knowledge does the west have good samaritan laws, But within our humane ability there are such laws, These are called laws of Conscience regardless of the outcome. Conscience acts first. Humans have been wired internally to act this way , but it is something outside the mind that corrupts our thinking, and places our conscience second. Those blanks are easy to fill in with what corrupts our mind. My vote if i had a choice,, either get sued for helping or watch a smashed child on a street die before my eyes. Cant help it but must try to help in some kind of way even if she does die, at least I should be warm enough to stop and help her. Having a conscience is not taught, you are born with it as you have eyes to see.
Oct 24, 2011 05:10
  • DODGER
I spoke to a well educated Chinese man about this disgrace the other day.

‘What do you expect, when a government doesn’t respect human rights, why should the people?
What do you expect, when government officials are driven by greed and corruption, should the people not follow their example?’

Dodger.
Oct 25, 2011 00:40
GUEST56126 I'm just amazed by another fact: most everyone is irate with the ordinary people who didn't help. But nobody mentions the parents. BTW, where were they?

With a little responsible supervision, this all could have been avoided. Agree or disagree?
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: 2 yr old toddler run over in China
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code