Menu
Will you pay bride price to your Chinese girlfriend’s parents?
Nov 7, 2011 06:27
GUEST91222 I'm a chinese .
i totally agree with you !!
Nov 8, 2011 21:06
  • JIMMYB
Every parent wants their daughter to marry a promising and successful man. But how many of them realize their dreams? The promising and successful men are limited. By the way, how do you know they want your daughter to be their wives?

Nov 9, 2011 08:35
GUEST12206 When I was in China I attended a Chinese wedding, it was very interesting. Every guest at the wedding gave lots and lots of money to the couple (around $3000 form each guest), and the amounts were announced on the microphone for everyone present to know how much was given. The food served was lavish and consisted of at least 20 different dishes. One thing I was shocked to learn was when the husband said that he married his wife for money. The wife is an AT worker and husband is a soft drink truck driver.

I want to know is this a common practice! at Chinese weddings? I feel that the Chinese people have become very materialistic???? Where is true love, and respect?
Nov 9, 2011 17:01
GUEST44065 Do the Chinese guest give money gifts at the wedding? As I remember we almost recoupped all wedding costs at our wedding over their, but I'm not sure if the money came most from other Asians, particularly Japanese/Korean.
Nov 9, 2011 20:21
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST44065

Do the Chinese guest give money gifts at the wedding? As I remember we almost recoupped all wedding costs at our wedding over their, but I'm not sure if the money came most from other Asians, particularly Japanese/Korean.

Yes. The bride and groom's friends and relatives will give red envelopes to them. The red envelopes usually contain a certain amount of money. The amount varies from person to person and place to place.

Nov 9, 2011 20:25
  • SUNNYDREAM
GUEST12206,

It is a common practice to give money to the bride and groom at the wedding ceremony. But the money is usually wrapped in red envelopes. And it is seldom to announce the amounts at the wedding ceremony.

The husband said that he married the woman for money. Did you notice how the wife reacted when she heard about her husband’s words? Or was the man drunk?
Jan 28, 2012 09:26
GUEST81385
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLOH

But I think when you decide not to pay, you will have to work hard to convince the parents.

Why will you pay they are not virgins anymore
Jan 28, 2012 21:50
GUEST9003
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST81385

Why will you pay they are not virgins anymore

Well, I won't take any money from my future husband as long as he can prove that he is a virgin.

The bride price has nothing to do with virgin. It's a custom has been followed thousands of years.
Apr 17, 2012 08:04
GUEST64124 These days, it is nothing to do with tradition at all. Just the worship of money. Those Chinese who hide behind 'tradition' are self deluded.
Apr 17, 2012 21:55
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST64124

These days, it is nothing to do with tradition at all. Just the worship of money. Those Chinese who hide behind 'tradition' are self deluded.

As a Chinese man, I think bride price is too high. I agree with you that some girls and their parents are money-oriented.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you pay bride price to your Chinese girlfriend’s parents?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code