Dec 6, 2011 02:40
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 35 vote(s)
  2. 43 vote(s)
  3. 53 vote(s)
  4. 21 vote(s)
  5. 18 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
I have read many travel logs and realized that self-drive tour is very popular in China. Many rich people prefer to drive their own cars to travel in Tibet, Inner Mongolia and Xinjiang. It is very exciting to drive their cars to explore the original landscapes.

Unfortunately, self-drive tour is not the best choice for those poor people like me. I can not afford to pay the fuel cost during the journey let alone buy a car. To me, cheap and independent travel like backpacking and traveling by hitching a ride is much more amazing. I read that a Chinese girl who was born in 1980s finished a 75-day journey but just she just spent less than 5000 yuan. Surprising! She didn’t take the train, bus or plane during her journey. Instead, she just hitched a ride to finish her 5000 kilometers long journey. She planned to visit the Southeast Asian countries in a ‘poor’ way next year.

Traveling in a cheap and independent way is the best to me. So backpacking or ‘hitching a ride’ tour is my favorite. To you, what is the best way to travel?
Dec 7, 2011 02:16
GUEST2349 I don't like traveling with a group of people. It's noisy and I hate entering the shops too. Hitching a ride is not my favorite. It isn't safe.

Backpacking sounds nice to me. The conditions might be harsh but I needn't spend a lot of money. Actually, I am dreaming of having a self-drive tour. But I can't drive currently.
Dec 17, 2011 02:10
  • LAUGH
Self-driver tour is nice. When I get my driving license, I will rent a car to to tour in Tibet.
Jan 2, 2012 04:53
  • JONSSMITH2
i think the best way for travel is train ,it's very cheap &
enjoyful way for travel.
Jan 4, 2012 08:54
  • GEORGECOMBEY
Hi,

Backpacking and camping are one of my favorite way to travel.
Jan 4, 2012 20:00
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAUGH

Self-driver tour is nice. When I get my driving license, I will rent a car to to tour in Tibet.

Laugh, it is not easy to travel in Tibet by car. Do you know how to fix car? If not, I suggest you call on some people to do it together with you. So you can take care of each other on the way.
Jan 5, 2012 03:35
GUEST2484 What about couch surfing?
Jan 5, 2012 22:09
GUEST4552
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST2484

What about couch surfing?

Young poor students prefer to travel in this way. It is popular in the world but not in China. Just in Beijing, Shenzhen and some big cities, some young guys join in couch surfing.
Jan 6, 2012 18:52
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST2484

What about couch surfing?

Couch surfing is very popular. But I may not travel in this way. It is a bit dangerous for a single girl to stay at a stranger's home.
Jan 7, 2012 13:41
  • ATTA_BUTT
Give someone a home away from home
Experience the world and discover new cultures by hosting travelers.
That is Couch surfing, its depend on you if you alone or with partner.
Jan 9, 2012 20:57
  • RAINDROP
BBQQ, you think too much. I suggest you read a book written by a girl from Taiwan. She slept 81 people’s couches during her travel. Her book was one of the 2011 bestsellers in Taiwan.

She plans to be a photographer. After learning about ‘Couch Surfing’, she decided to travel via couch surfing. Of course, she has taken many photos when she traveled around the world.

As you can imagine, she met different kinds of people. Some were friendly and nice, some not. It’s usual. If you are afraid of stepping out, you will miss many great things.

Another Chinese guy who was a backpacker traveled 10 years to see the world. At the beginning, his families and friends didn’t understand why he didn’t work to make money but just traveled from place to place. After his book was published, he became well known to the public. Right now, he makes his living by traveling. He has sponsors to sponsor his trip. And he writes articles and takes photos during the journey to earn money.

If you have time and money, just go out to travel. Don’t be afraid of the difficulties you might encounter. You must understand that you have to pay for enjoying the great scenery.
Page 1 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Which is the best way to travel?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code