Menu
Real-name system for purchasing train tickets will be adopted from Jan.1, 2012
Dec 20, 2011 21:17
  • SUNNYDREAM
In order to crack down the train ticket scalpers, Railways Bureaus of Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, and Taiyuan have decided to carry on real-name system for purchasing train tickets from Jan.1, 2012.

From Jan.1, 2012, all passengers will be required to buy the train tickets with their valid ID cards. The passengers’ ID cards and tickets will be examined when they enter the stations. If the ID numbers on the train tickets are not the same as those on the ID cards, passengers will have trouble boarding the trains. By the way, the train conductors will examine the tickets and ID cards again on the train.

The Ministry of Railways has also launched a campaign crack down the train ticket scalpers.
Dec 27, 2011 03:06
GUEST96130 How does a foreigner buy their train ticket ?
Do they have to show their passport ?
Dec 27, 2011 03:16
GUEST3443
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST96130

How does a foreigner buy their train ticket ?
Do they have to show their passport ?

Yes, you have to bring your passport to buy the train ticket.
Dec 31, 2011 05:58
GUEST71227 can my chinese girlfriend buy a fast train ticket in advance useing a photo copy of my passport, i will not arrive in china until 22nd January, and it will be impossible to get a ticket on that date
Jan 1, 2012 21:42
GUESTDAVE
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST71227

can my chinese girlfriend buy a fast train ticket in advance useing a photo copy of my passport, i will not arrive in china until 22nd January, and it will be impossible to get a ticket on that date

Yes, you can have your GF to buy it for you with the copy of your passport.
Jan 21, 2012 03:32
  • XIAOXIAO
Actually, the policy wasn't implemented very well. Someone told me that it was required to book and get your train ticket. But it was difficult to check everyone's train ticket and ID card. My colleague bought a ticket with his ID card but the staff at the railway station didn't check his ID card when he checked in.
Jan 28, 2012 19:43
  • VANESSAZHONG
The system will be more completed and effective later.
Last edited by VANESSAZHONG: Jan 28, 2012 19:44
Jan 29, 2012 03:08
  • BBQQ
Quote:

Originally Posted by VANESSAZHONG

The system will be more completed and effective later.

I hope. My friend who went back to her hometown by train told me that the railway station did not check all trains. Several trains were picked up and then passengers who took those trains would be required to check their tickets and ID cards.
Post a Reply to: Real-name system for purchasing train tickets will be adopted from Jan.1, 2012
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code