Menu
Having pictures with panda
Mar 20, 2012 02:27
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by VANESSAZHONG

But I can't find the original taste of some famous snacks anymore. Last time I went to the Temple Fair held at Wuhou Temple, I was depressed by snacks again. Now many tasty dishes are in some out-of-the-way places. It's difficult to find it even for local people.

My god! What about snacks sold at the tourist spots? They are not authentic? Some snacks are not as tasty as before. I guess that the sellers are old and their children wouldn't make their livings by making snacks.

What a pity!
Mar 20, 2012 08:11
  • VANESSAZHONG
Yes. Now many snacks are chain stores and I think the traditional ones are dispearing day by day.
Mar 20, 2012 15:56
GUEST13063 ...Back to your question, Vanessaz, I think that 1,300 or even 1,000 RMB is too steep for taking a photo with a panda.

I've once taken pictures with a tiger ($5 donation) and a puma (also $5 donation). Both animals were well fed before the public was allowed to pose next to them, of course. Still I was apprehensive.
Mar 20, 2012 20:33
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST13063

...Back to your question, Vanessaz, I think that 1,300 or even 1,000 RMB is too steep for taking a photo with a panda.

I've once taken pictures with a tiger ($5 donation) and a puma (also $5 donation). Both animals were well fed before the public was allowed to pose next to them, of course. Still I was apprehensive.

Personally, I think it is expensive too. But pandas are rare animals that need to be taken good care of. They are different from tiger and puma. That's why they charge so much.

A thing is valued if it is rare. So is the panda.
Mar 21, 2012 04:27
  • VANESSAZHONG
Quote:

...Back to your question, Vanessaz, I think that 1,300 or even 1,000 RMB is too steep for taking a photo with a panda.<br />
<br />

Last time when I traveled there with 5 clients, all of them wanted to do it. During they were doing the volunteer jobs in the morning, I contacted the staff who was in charge of picture-taking with panda. I remembered the time was 9:30am, but I was told that there were about 30 people before me and they didn't know whether we could do it or not in the morning. I was totally shocked. I know it's getting busy season now but I don't know so many people still want to do it after they raised its price since January 1st. Of course, it was my mistake, I should phoned them early. The worst thing was they had a plane to catch at 3:50pm and they had strong desire to do it. We didn't have enough time to wait till afternoon. Finally, thanks to the good condition of baby panda and the nice staff there, my clients took photos in the noon. That was a good lesson to me. Everything should be prepared and be sure in advance.
As to the price, it's the donation to pandas. Every penny is go for panda. So I don't think it's not worthy. Frankly speaking, you pay for pandas, not for photos.
Last edited by VANESSAZHONG: Mar 21, 2012 04:33
Mar 21, 2012 05:41
  • VANESSAZHONG
Quote:

Originally Posted by JIMMYB

U so much.

A thing is valued if it is rare. So is the panda.

The giant panda is rare in China, even the world. In ancie they were living almost everywhere in China. But now we only can find them in Sichuan, Shanxi and Gansu Provinces. It's unique.
Why giant panda's are so rare? Apart from they have the ancestors living in 8.5million years ago, there are at least 3 reasons.
Firstly, it's very difficult to have oestrus for them, especially for the pandas in captivity. Pandas like to be alone all the time and every panda has their own territory. Only the mating season, one panda is allowed to go to find someone else. And the climax of sex for them is very short.. 50seconds on average. So we can't maid's sure whether the female panda could get pregnant. After sex, they will separate immediately, or they waver
Mar 21, 2012 07:07
  • VANESSAZHONG
After sex, they must separate immediately, or they will fight with each other. It's very dangerous.
Secondly, the male one has a low sperm count or the sperm can't pass the related test.
Last, it's quite difficult to a panda mother raise an infant, especially in the wild. Usually the panda mother gives birth to one to two babies during one litter. In the wild, the mother will abandon the weaker one she thinks and raise the other one. However, in captiviy, the panda keeper will help her take care of the abandoned baby instead.
Mar 21, 2012 07:24
  • VANESSAZHONG
Quote:

...Back to your question, Vanessaz, I think that 1,300 or even 1,000 RMB is too steep for taking a photo with a panda.<br />
<br />

Beside, a panda costs amount of money everyday. For example, the chief food of giant pandas---bamboo shoots. All the shoots are from the high mountains in Yibin and Yaan in Sichuan Province. Many local farmers are hired to dug up the shoots. The price of the bamboo shoots is CNY10 to CNY15 a kilogram. An adult giant panda eats about 15 to 20 kilograms one day. In other words, the panda eats CNY300 everyday. If you donate CNY1,300, it's just 4 days food for a panda. A giant panda is using at least CNY50,000 every year. And that's only food, medical care and some other costs are not included. Now you still think it's too expensive?
Last edited by VANESSAZHONG: Mar 21, 2012 07:26
Mar 22, 2012 01:19
  • JIMMYB
Vanessa, thank you for teaching so much about the panada. As you said, it is expensive to raise pandas. However, there are too many people who visit the pandas everyday. The zoo accumulates a lot of money everyday.

I'd rather spend CNY 1300 taking a photo with a panda unless the zoo or the related department publicize where our donations go. I have to see the receipts if necessary.
Mar 22, 2012 04:23
  • VANESSAZHONG
They do have charity receipt. And donation certificate, gift bag which is including a T-shirt and a VCD.
Page 2 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Having pictures with panda
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code