Menu
Having pictures with panda
Mar 22, 2012 21:09
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by VANESSAZHONG

They do have charity receipt. And donation certificate, gift bag which is including a T-shirt and a VCD.

This is not what I am looking for. The charity receipt just shows that I donate my money. I care more about where my money goes. That's why I ask the zoo to publicize how it deals with our donations.

After the Red Cross scandal, I do not believe any charity organizations.
Mar 23, 2012 03:05
  • VANESSAZHONG
If you need, you could get an official receipt afterwards. And you will find your information and how much you have donated on the official site of Giant Panda Fund.
Mar 23, 2012 03:07
  • VANESSAZHONG
That's what all I know about the donation to pandas at Chengdu Giant Panda Base.
Mar 23, 2012 21:10
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

If you need, you could get an official receipt afterwards. And you will find your information and how much you have donated on the official site of Giant Panda Fund.

Quote:

That's what all I know about the donation to pandas at Chengdu Giant Panda Base.

Vanessa, the receipt just tells me that I donate money. I do not care about this. I just want to know whether it is used on the panda or some people just take my money as theirs.

Have read so many bad news about the charity organizations. It is difficult for me to believe any of them. Do you remember Wenchuan Earthquakes? Those who are in need of donations actually didn't get the donations. You are a Chinese. I think you know where the money goes.

After the Red Cross scandal, I swear that I won't donate money to any charity organizations. If possible, I will wire my money to those who are in need of help directly.

The Red Cross has learnt a lesson. Thus, it starts to publicize their account balances and hwo they use the money. To avoid this, it is good for the panda base to publicize its accounts too.

Any way, it's just my wish.
Apr 1, 2012 09:17
GUEST11484 We plan to visit the panda centre on April23rd - how do we make a reservation to have a photo with a panda please? Cannot find a phone number.
Apr 2, 2012 04:24
  • VANESSAZHONG
To 11484,
They don't put their contact numbers on the net, they only accept the inquiry of the local tour agency and guide. If you don't mind, please contact me by my email. Maybe I could do some help.
Apr 2, 2012 05:29
  • VANESSAZHONG
To JIMMYB,
As I know, they don't publicize how they use the money donated to pandas. But I do think they won't do the same thing as the Red Cross in China. I hope they won't let me down.
Apr 5, 2012 01:22
  • JIMMYB
It's difficult to tell. The Red Cross is the biggest charity organization in China. But what happened to it?

It is the Panda Base's responsibility to publicize their accounts. They are responsible for those donators. Anyway, I won't pay so much to take a photo with a panda. I can afford it but i won't do it.
Apr 5, 2012 04:33
  • VANESSAZHONG
I did it once. My client paid it for me.
Apr 5, 2012 20:36
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

I did it once. My client paid it for me.

Your client were so kind. It cost him or her several hundred USD. I had a chance to watch the panda so closely in the zoo. There was just a thick glass wall between the panda and me. That's enough. I prefer to look at him from a distance because I do not want to disturb them.
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Having pictures with panda
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code