• WANHU
Try to learn from her.
Wan
Jun 10, 2012 21:53
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Try to learn from her.
Wan

Wan, I once asked how to make cold mixed sliced carrot. She taught me and I practiced making it but it didn't taste as that made by my mom. It's easy to know the recipe but difficult to learn her techniques.
Jun 11, 2012 02:17
  • JANICE_DALE
Well, honestly I have never been to China but there are a lots of Chinese Restaurant here so I feel like I'm in China too. My favorite are dumplings, very tasty and I like the sauce of it. I love to discover new foods from China and love to taste that.
Jun 11, 2012 09:56
  • WANHU
Lonely, it's called the mother's touch.
Wan
Jun 11, 2012 10:05
  • WANHU
Janice, the food maybe authentic but sometimes they do not have enough ingredients. Here also we have many Chinese food both locally and from mainland, but most of the time they are not the same. Even the stretched handmade noodles, its flour is imported from mainland China. Just like Thai cuisine I suppose, we have Thai restaurants here but not the same taste like the old Chinese-Thai cuisine of Somboon Seafood Restaurant in Bangkok.
Wan
Jun 11, 2012 21:57
Quote:

Lonely, it's called the mother's touch.
Wan

Mother's touch? Probably Mother's taste, haha.
Jun 12, 2012 03:45
  • WANHU
Usually in cooking, whatever she cooks always tastes better and delicious, even with the same ingredients and recipes, we can't make as good as our moms do.
Wan
Jun 20, 2012 22:28
Quote:

Usually in cooking, whatever she cooks always tastes better and delicious, even with the same ingredients and recipes, we can't make as good as our moms do.
Wan

Yes, I had been eating my mom's dishes for over 18 years until I went into college. Anyway, I will eat her dishes immediately when I get back home. Meanwhile, I pan to cook some dishes for her.
Jun 21, 2012 03:44
  • WANHU
It's good to try.
Wan
Jun 24, 2012 03:05
Quote:

It's good to try.
Wan

Wan, I tried to make a soup but failed because I added too much salt. What a shame!
Page 2 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: The best food you ate in China!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code