Menu
The best food you ate in China!
Jun 24, 2012 22:13
  • WANHU
You need to taste while adding the salt. Sometimes in the old recipe it says: add a pinch of salt. Just put a pinch of salt and taste it, if not enough put another pinch. Don't simply put a teaspoon of salt!
Wan
Jun 24, 2012 22:15
  • WANHU
Lonely, it also depends on cooking. For Malaysian dish that needs to put coconut milk, less salt should be added as the coconut milk is slightly salty.
Wan
Jun 28, 2012 04:04
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

You need to taste while adding the salt. Sometimes in the old recipe it says: add a pinch of salt. Just put a pinch of salt and taste it, if not enough put another pinch. Don't simply put a teaspoon of salt!<br />
Wan

Haha, I usually add salt randomly. I think I have to buy a balance. Then I can calculate how much seasonings I have to add.

Quote:

Lonely, it also depends on cooking. For Malaysian dish that needs to put coconut milk, less salt should be added as the coconut milk is slightly salty.<br />
Wan

Coconut milk? It's a shame that I never taste it.
Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Jun 28, 2012 04:05
Jul 3, 2012 18:40
  • WANHU
Yesterday I found out the Chinese are selling coconut copra to the Africans in Xiaobei, Guangzhou.
Wan
Jul 3, 2012 22:27
Quote:

Yesterday I found out the Chinese are selling coconut copra to the Africans in Xiaobei, Guangzhou.
Wan

Did you buy a drink from them?
Jul 4, 2012 13:47
  • WANHU
Drink mostly from young coconut. In China I seldom see people eat the young flesh of the coconut, they just drink the juice. When I bought one young coconut in Dongmen, SZ, after drinking the juice, I asked the seller to cut the coconut and scooped the young flesh with a spoon. The seller looked surprised.
Wan
Jul 4, 2012 21:08
Wan,

Thanks for your tip. I will try to drink coconut and eat its flesh.
Jul 8, 2012 11:04
  • WANHU
I don't know if it is available in Xi'an.
Wan
Jul 9, 2012 22:41
Quote:

I don't know if it is available in Xi'an.<br />
Wan

I saw it when I was shopping at the supermarket. Last year, I saw many coconuts when I was touring at the Xian Horticulture Exposition. They were small and I am afraid that they didn't taste as well as those in the tropical areas because they weren't fresh.
Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: Jul 9, 2012 22:42
Jul 10, 2012 21:23
  • WANHU
Thailand exports many tropical fruits, including young coconuts. Cheaoer coconuts I think are from Hainan. I found it delicious and sweet (but not like sugar).
Wan
Page 3 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: The best food you ate in China!
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code