Menu
A high school student criticizes China education at the flag raising ceremony. What do you think?
May 7, 2012 13:28
  • WANHU
Does it take a skeleton number of people in the Nobel Foundation to recognise the great achievements in China? Of course there are rooms for improvements.
Wan
May 7, 2012 22:21
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATTA_BUTT

Dear, if he was wrong then how Nobel prize is right because of his wealth?

Atta, I said "He was wrong" because Nobel couldn't imagine that his invention was taken advantage of by others to kill people and the wars didn't end immediately. Probably, he founded Nobel Prize as "redemption".

May 7, 2012 22:33
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Does it take a skeleton number of people in the Nobel Foundation to recognise the great achievements in China? Of course there are rooms for improvements.
Wan

They also do not recognize that there are so many professors and doctors who copy other's essays.

Sometimes, they made fool decisions too. How could they award Nobel Peace Prize to Mr. Obama?
May 8, 2012 12:23
  • WANHU
Gao Xingjian was the recipient of the Nobel Prize Award for Literature in 2000, after leaving China and became a French citizen in 1997.
Wan
May 8, 2012 20:44
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Gao Xingjian was the recipient of the Nobel Prize Award for Literature in 2000, after leaving China and became a French citizen in 1997.
Wan

He is not a Chinese anymore. By the way, many people believe that he didn't deserve the Nobel Prize because there were many other outstanding writers during the same period.
May 9, 2012 09:50
  • WANHU
Chinese is a race Jimmy. Even one relinquishes his citizenship, he still remains a Chinese, only not a Chinese China. There are almost 35% Chinese in Malaysia and they are Malaysian citizens. Whatever one disagrees, quite a few Nobel Prize recipients are controversial figures, even Naguib Mahfouz of Egypt was not well-liked by many.
Wan
May 10, 2012 01:21
  • JIMMYB
Wan,

You are right. He is a Chinese. I'd like to know if he could have won the Nobel Prize if he didn't move to France. Someone said that his book 'Soul Mountain' which brought him the Nobel Prize wasn't sold very well.

May 11, 2012 02:12
  • WANHU
No doubt about it... Nobel Prize many a time chooses controversial figures.
Wan
May 13, 2012 00:52
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

No doubt about it... Nobel Prize many a time chooses controversial figures.
Wan

There are some famous controversial Chinese people. But they never had a chance to win the Nobel Prize. I am not sure you know Wang Xiaobo. But Li Ao is a famous writer. You must have known him.
May 14, 2012 15:24
  • WANHU
Sometimes I like to read the medical classics, such as of the Yellow Emperor translated by Zhu Ming. It's kind of interesting. I did a little simple study of the handwritten Malay manuscripts (handscrift), where the National Library has the Malay Annals as early as the 15th Century.
Wan
Page 3 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A high school student criticizes China education at the flag raising ceremony. What do you think?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code