Menu
A high school student criticizes China education at the flag raising ceremony. What do you think?
May 14, 2012 21:43
Wan, it's good to read some books. I feel ashamed because I haven't finished reading the books I bought a few months ago. They are all about photography.
May 15, 2012 09:07
  • WANHU
Lonely, I was an avid reader before. I loved to read Western novels when I was young, you know the stories about frontiers, town marshals and gunslingers. My favourites were J.T. Edson, Zane Grey and Louis L'Amour. When I was so engrossed with reading, I could finish 6 novels in a day. When getting older, I'd like to read more serious books like understanding watermarks and laid papers, about researches on cuneiforms and parchments, etc. It's really interesting to delve into these new areas.
Wan
May 16, 2012 02:21
  • SUNNYDREAM
I read some Chinese and foreign novels when I was in high school and during my college life. After graduating from college, I didn't read any literary works. It' a shame.
May 16, 2012 09:17
  • WANHU
Well perhaps you're too busy with your daily chores. Still, you can read online. Even in this forum you also "read" people's ideas and opinions.
Wan
May 17, 2012 01:32
  • SUNNYDREAM
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Well perhaps you're too busy with your daily chores. Still, you can read online. Even in this forum you also "read" people's ideas and opinions.
Wan

It's a shame. I am too lazy to read books after work. Recently, I am watching Three Kingdoms, a TV series. It was a bit different with the previous one made by CCTV. I am very keen on it.

The day before yesterday, I bought the Romance of Three Kingdoms (a book) on line and received it yesterday. Last night, I started reading it and noticed that some plots in the TV series are different from the book.
May 17, 2012 09:44
  • WANHU
Today, my friend who used to be a Prof of Malay study and held a Malay Chair at BFSU, Beijing launched his translation of the Three Kingdoms (rendered into Malay language). I have the English version in three volumes. You'll be disappointed if you expect movie to follow exactly what's written in the book.
Wan
May 17, 2012 11:16
  • WANHU
Quote:

Originally Posted by LONELYJOURNEY

Wan, it's good to read some books. I feel ashamed because I haven't finished reading the books I bought a few months ago. They are all about photography.

Lonely, I almost forgot about photography. I used to join photographic club when I was in a middle school (we called it here as Junior Secondary School). In those days, photography was an expensive hobby. We had our own darkroom, and learnt how to develop black and white photo. I had my first SLR camera when I was 15 that I bought in Singapore, its was Pentax Spotmatic F while my brother no. 4 had Pentax 6x7 using 120mm film. Now we have DSLR and compact digital camera. In those days I prefer Pentax and then Nikon, but now I prefer Canon.
Wan
Page 4 of 4    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: A high school student criticizes China education at the flag raising ceremony. What do you think?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code