Menu
Should passengers take extreme measures when their flight was delayed?
Apr 14, 2012 03:38
  • LAUGH
Voting without time limit
Exclusive Vote
  1. 18 vote(s)
  2. 15 vote(s)
Note: Guest voter(s) are not displayed here.
What would you do if your flight was delayed? Would you take extreme measures?

On April 10, a flight from Shenzhen to Harbin was forced to stop at Shanghai Pudong Airport due to bad weather. 20 passengers ran into the aircraft parking apron to stop another plane taking off after their flight was delayed more than 10 hours. At last, each of them got CNY 1000 as compensation.

The passengers should be punished because of their extreme behavior, according to a lawyer. What if they were hurt or killed when other flights took off or landed? Their behavior might menace other passengers’ safety. Unfortunately, none of the passengers were punished but each got CNY 1000 as compensation.

"I can not understand why the airline compensated the passengers. It is nonsense that the passengers require the airline to compensate them. Their flight was delayed because of extreme weather conditions. It was not the airline’s fault.” said by an expert.

The airline didn’t comment on why they compensated each passenger.

Apr 15, 2012 01:40
GUEST110 I think its a nice gesture to compensate the passenger... 10 hours is a long time.
But what they did is unreasonable and dangerous...
Apr 15, 2012 22:43
  • WANHU
The airline should compensate either in cash or in kind but the authority should take action against the unruly behaviour of the passengers.
Wan
Apr 16, 2012 06:15
  • VANESSAZHONG
I saw this news too. It's really annoying that the flight us delayed or canceled. But we should try to keep calm. After all, taking the extreme measures couldn't do some help to us. Maybe we will break laws, or injured by the childish actions.
Apr 16, 2012 22:04
  • JIMMYB
Both the airline and the passengers should be blamed. I read this piece of news. The airline staff at the airport didn’t explain clearly enough to the passengers why the airplane was delayed so long. That’s why some passengers were so angry.

On the other hand, the passengers really shouldn’t have behaved crazily to run into the aircraft parking apron no matter how they were angry. What if they got killed?
Apr 28, 2012 18:13
  • LARRY_BOY
Compensation for a 10 hour delay?? ridiculous!! a 10 hour wait is nothing compared to a 3 day wait due to weather conditions and depending upon the airline even those who are stranded for 3 days really do not receive anything.
Apr 29, 2012 13:02
  • CARLOS
Greed is a nature resource that never gets to its end.

Carlos
May 1, 2012 22:02
  • LAUGH
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

Greed is a nature resource that never gets to its end.

Carlos

Carlos, it is much more complicated here. The flight was delayed for bad weather condition. But the airline didn't deal with the passengers very well. When they boarded the plane for the second time, the plane didn't take off on time. The passengers stayed on the plane for about 2 hours and no one came to them and told what happened.

If I was on the plane at that moment, I would be furious too.

The airlines has to compensate the passengers for their unqualified service.
May 2, 2012 23:51
  • GUEST2012
After reading all above, I concluded that: if airline did not announce bad weather soon after landing at Shanghai and keep the passenger in uncertainty, furthermore paying CNY1000 to each person, means there is some other problem than bad weather. There is certainly no need to pay this amount. It is just give me an impression of being guilty. However whatever airline did, whether it is there fault or not, passenger did certainly a very wrong step and should be punished. Unauthorized entry in Apron area is prohibited and prosecuted. If not it is again support my conclusion that there is some problem with the airline and airport or aviation authority supported the airline.
I must clear that I can realized the situation as I myself was a victim of a situation like this for 14 hours in some another place.
We were told that flight is delayed for 3 hours, when one hour remaining it was again told that it was further delayed for 3 hours and so on. When I and some persons approach the airline authorities responsible they gave us the reason of some bad weather, which I as a technical person argued and challenged the reason, believe me they don't find the way of escaping and gave us lunch, refreshment and some compensation etc.
Jun 5, 2012 21:16
  • LAUGH
Quote:

Originally Posted by GUEST2012

However whatever airline did, whether it is there fault or not, passenger did certainly a very wrong step and should be punished.

If I was one of those passengers, I will not risk my life or punish myself after bad things happen. There are rules for both side to follow.
Post a Reply to: Should passengers take extreme measures when their flight was delayed?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code