Menu
Will you give up your career to maintain conjugal relationship?
May 17, 2012 00:08
  • WANHU
What do you think of this trend, Lonely? [I don't want to start a new thread]
Wan
May 20, 2012 02:33
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

What do you think of this trend, Lonely? [I don't want to start a new thread]
Wan

Do you mean more and more foreigners come to China? Honestly, I do not like them. They work in China to make money but some Chinese people might lose their jobs because of those foreigners.

Most foreigners come into China to teach English. It's easy for a foreigner who speaks English as their native language.

Those foreign English teachers really hurt Chinese English teachers. Lily is one of my friends who teaches English in a middle school. She told me that she earned too less than the foreign English teachers in her school.
May 20, 2012 09:23
  • WANHU
Thank you for your answer.
Wan
May 21, 2012 01:07
Quote:

Thank you for your answer.
Wan

Wan, I'd like to hear your opinion on this trend too.
May 21, 2012 03:58
  • WANHU
Not easy on my part, Lonely. From my observation I see there are good foreign English teachers with good academic background who have the passion of rendering their service, and of course some who just have native English faces without proper academic qualifications. Even the advertisement of late, showed that you don't really need academic qualifications to qualify for the job. It's quite disheartening.

A local Chinese who teaches English will get RMB5000 per month. She needs to pay for the house, food and transport while her expat friend gets a little higher salary, complete with house, travel and entertainment allowances. [To me, it is only unfair when those foreign teachers teach without proper academic qualifications and get better pay].

Wan
May 22, 2012 02:52
Wan,

A Chinese teacher can not earn CNY 5000 in my hometown. I am from northwest part of China.

To me, it is only unfair when those foreign teachers teach without proper academic qualifications and get better pay.

This is true. Anyway, they speak native English. Qualified foreign teachers deserve high salary.
May 22, 2012 12:17
  • WANHU
I haven't had the opportunity to visit Northwest except Lanzhou, Gansu.
Wan
May 22, 2012 21:29
Quote:

I haven't had the opportunity to visit Northwest except Lanzhou, Gansu.
Wan

I am a local in Xian. Next time you may come to visit Xian, a city pround of its long history.
May 22, 2012 21:50
  • WANHU
I have been to Xi'an and also went to Weinan. That was two years ago. Only once to see Terracotta. I think Xi'an was known as Chang'an during Tang, isn't it?
Wan
May 23, 2012 23:13
Quote:

I have been to Xi'an and also went to Weinan. That was two years ago. Only once to see Terracotta. I think Xi'an was known as Chang'an during Tang, isn't it?
Wan

Yes, you are right. It seems that almost all foreigners just know the Terracotta Warriors in Xian. In fact, there are some other attractions. Next time you come to Xian, do tour the City Wall. It is good to have a bike tour on the city wall.
Page 2 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you give up your career to maintain conjugal relationship?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code