Menu
Will you give up your career to maintain conjugal relationship?
May 24, 2012 02:37
  • WANHU
At first I thought of going to Xi'an and then to Weinan this coming July, after that I will move to Shanghai then Hangzhou, and back to my country. In Weinan, we used to arrange a homestay project for the university students last year, and I need to thank several individuals there for making this project a success. But yesterday I received the news that a group of Chinese friends from Guangzhou (10 of them) will be visiting Kuala Lumpur on July 9-15, and I need to prepare a meeting for them with the local traditional practitioners. Thus I think in July I will only go to Shanghai and Hangzhou only.
Wan
May 27, 2012 01:20
Wan, it's a pity. Hope that you will come to Xian again. You seem to be very busy recently. Take good care!
May 27, 2012 11:14
  • WANHU
Hope so. Usually i will be less busy in October and December. During December, probably too cold for me to visit Xi'an. I was in Beijing in October 2010 and the temperature was only around 3°C but in December 2010, I could hardly move around because in Haidian it was -15°C while near the Great Wall was almost -20°C.
Wan
May 28, 2012 02:27
Wan, it is indeed much colder in northern China. But I prefer winter than summer because I am a sweaty man.

Harbin is much colder than Beijing. There are more and more foreigners who come there to join the Ice and Snow Festival.

Please do not be afraid of coldness.
May 28, 2012 10:35
  • WANHU
I like cool weather so that's why in December I'd prefer to visit HK, SZ and GZ. During winter if I walk, I don't feel too tired. I'm not afraid of cold weather, Lonely, when I was younger, at 4°C I just wore a t-shirt in Istanbul or Edinburgh. But age is catching up.
Wan
May 29, 2012 04:07
Cool and cold weather are both ok to me. But I dare not wear a T-shirt when the temperature was just 4°C even though I am a young guy.
May 29, 2012 05:33
  • WANHU
December in those southern areas only around 8-10°C, just nice for me. I also like HK dim sum.
Wan
May 30, 2012 01:51
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

December in those southern areas only around 8-10°C, just nice for me. I also like HK dim sum.
Wan

Never had a chance to visit HK. My colleague went to HK last year. They tasted many traditional food there. He said they were all delicious.
May 30, 2012 09:25
  • WANHU
I heard that the mainland Chinese, except the GD citizens, are only allowed to visit HK (for social visit) twice a year, and each visit is only given 7 days, unless they use HK as a gateway to other countries. Am I correct?
Wan
May 30, 2012 22:23
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

I heard that the mainland Chinese, except the GD citizens, are only allowed to visit HK (for social visit) twice a year, and each visit is only given 7 days, unless they use HK as a gateway to other countries. Am I correct?
Wan

Wan, I have no idea about this policy. As far as I know, people in 49 cities in mainland China are allowed to travel in HK as individual. Unfortunately, Xian is not included. This means Xian people have to join a tour to visit HK. It's very inconvenient.
Page 3 of 5    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: Will you give up your career to maintain conjugal relationship?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code