Menu
Why do Chinese people prefer to leave their names at the tourist attractions?
Apr 24, 2012 02:56
  • SUNNYDREAM
According to a Taiwan newspaper, many tourists from mainland China inscribed their names on the leaves of agave inside a tourist attraction in Taiwan.

As a matter of fact, many Chinese tourists have this strange habit. If you visit Badaling Great Wall, you will find some tourists’ names too.

As a Chinese, I feel ashamed for them. But I can not understand why they did this.

Apr 24, 2012 09:12
  • VANESSAZHONG
Yes, it's a little hard for me. First time when I went to Shunan Bamboo Forest, I saw people carving their names on the bamboo everywhere there. I was totally shocked.
Apr 24, 2012 21:52
I see some foreigners' names on the Great Wall. See, they have learnt this from domestic tourists.

I have some words to say "For those who travel abroad, please behave yourselves. You are from China. Please do not make foreigners believe that all Chinese tourists are notorious."
Apr 26, 2012 18:28
  • VANESSAZHONG
Ok, I will pay attention to if I go abroad.
Apr 26, 2012 19:04
  • WANHU
Graffiti artists are everywhere in the world, not only in China
Wan
Apr 26, 2012 20:36
  • LOKI
spray paint works best
Apr 26, 2012 20:42
Did these people believe that they are great painter or calligrapher? I suggest that the Great Wall and other attractions assign more patrolmen to supervise the tourists. Anyone who is caught will be sentened to stay in prison for 1 month. If they do it again, they will be refused to visit any tourist attractions.
Apr 27, 2012 02:26
  • WANHU
It is easier said than done.
Wan
Apr 29, 2012 12:53
  • CARLOS
I think the most common writing still is "Kilroy was here". I am sure it was not invented by chinese tourists.

But if we look it from another point of wiew. When the stone age people made their writings and drawings to the rocks and the walls of the caves, could it be same as the modern people does nowadays?

Carlos
May 1, 2012 22:48
  • JIMMYB
Quote:

Originally Posted by CARLOS

But if we look it from another point of wiew. When the stone age people made their writings and drawings to the rocks and the walls of the caves, could it be same as the modern people does nowadays?

Carlos

Well said. But we shouldn't damage the relics by adding our names on them. But it is ok to add your names, write or draw on your own works.
Post a Reply to: Why do Chinese people prefer to leave their names at the tourist attractions?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code