Menu
What do you refer to when you prepare for your trips?
May 29, 2012 05:56
  • WANHU
So Lonely, don't expect foreigners to help you in your travel although they may. prepare well before embarking your journey.
Wan
May 30, 2012 01:54
Wan, that's really a bad experience. Like you said, I usually do a lot of lessons about the place I am going to visit. Thus, I needn't ask help from the locals. I even do not ask for directions because my cellphone is equipped with GPS device.

But it is difficult for me to prepare for a trip in a foreign country.
Last edited by LONELYJOURNEY: May 30, 2012 02:03
May 30, 2012 08:52
  • WANHU
GPS from your cellphone can be used anywhere if you have international roaming but I think, it would be very costly. Anyway it's not difficult to prepare itinerary for oversea trips. Many foreigners go to China...
Wan
May 30, 2012 22:47
Yes, international roaming is too expensive. It just works in mainland China. The roaming fee doesn't increase when you travel in other provinces and cities.
May 31, 2012 05:09
  • WANHU
Whenever I travel in China, I will use my GZ number, even when I was in Beijing. I seldom use my country's mobile, it's only for reading messages.
Wan
Jun 3, 2012 01:23
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

Whenever I travel in China, I will use my GZ number, even when I was in Beijing. I seldom use my country's mobile, it's only for reading messages.
Wan

Do your telecom operator charge you when you read messages? I haven't been abroad. I am not sure if China Mobile and other operators allow its users to read messages for free when they are abroad. But they do charge more if you use international roaming service.

You are so clever to register a cellphone number in China. It saves a lot of money for you.
Jun 3, 2012 21:39
  • WANHU
Malaysia is a small country including its area. So most service providers charge a flat-rate for the whole country, unlike in China where SZ to GZ if I use GZ number, I will charged extra. Australia mobile usage is cheaper, only 1 cent per minute to Malaysia from Melbourne.

Reading messages is free but answering calls I need to pay. That's why I only read messages.

Wan
Jun 5, 2012 01:12
Wan,

That's why I always ask my sister to turn off her internet traffic when she is on business trip abroad. It's too expensive.
Jun 6, 2012 00:44
  • WANHU
Well, some places, such as hotel rooms, may provide free internet connection.
Wan
Jun 6, 2012 22:47
  • RAINDROP
Quote:

Originally Posted by WANHU

You think the French officials would help? I was once stuck under the Channel Tunnel for 45 minutes, but as usual the French never apologise although some of the commuters of the Eurostar had difficulty in breathing and I heard some of them were cursing.
Wan

I thought of all good things during travel. How could people so cold-hearted??? especially when met such an old man!
Page 4 of 6    < Previous Next >    Page:
Post a Reply to: What do you refer to when you prepare for your trips?
Content: ( 3,000 characters at most, please )
You can add emoticons below to your post by clicking them.
characters left
Name:    Get a new code